VIP / First Class Movie Theater

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold

I have been told to check out a VIP movie theater while in Thailand, does anyone recommend one in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or Pattaya?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm not sure precisely what a VIP movie theater is, but you'll undoubtedly find it at the Multiplex on the top floor of the Siam Paragon Mall. Some of the theaters there are quite upscale, -- banquettes for couples and the like.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
No doubt he means the VIP seats were you have the lie-flat seats and get some refreshments.

My favorite First Class cinema is the SF Cinema City on Level 7 at Centralworld.

Normal tickets are like 80 baht. First class tickets start at 390 Baht. You get a waiting lounge, refreshments, a lie-flat seat with blanket and pillows.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:05 am

The A/C blasts so make sure to bring a down jacket
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: most of them
Yeah, the blanket will certainly be handy. Thai movie theaters are even more arctically cold than the ones here.

I never bothered with the First Class theaters. The regular ones are pretty nice anyway. I think I paid Bt120 or something like that for a regular theater matinee show in Central Festival Pattaya back in December.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: Accor Plus
Siam Paragon, NOKIA Theatre. 800 thb per person, but great experience and very private...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All of the MajorCineplex and SFCinemacity theatres here are great. In some multiplexes there are exclusive seating-only theatres, like the mentioned Nokia theatre at Siam Paragon. In many standard screens there is three-tiered seating, and in the back you have couches. In some multiplexes theatres #1 and #2 can be all or part premium, with lounges and seat service. And in some multiplexes there are huge theatres, like #4 (Pavalai) at Siam Paragon, and at SFW Central World (#13 maybe?).

I would recommend Pavalai, not so much as a VIP theatre, but as a great place to see a movie.

All seating here is sold by reserved seat number, which is good, unless you are behind someone who can't decide where to sit!

Some theatres are 80 baht on Wednesdays, with 120/140 more the norm, digital is 180 and 3D is 210 (these prices could be low, I have member cards so get some sort of discount).

There are some IMAX theatres, and some art houses (Apex, House).

Siam Paragon (Major) or Central World (SF) might be the best options?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:48 pm

I have used the Nokia Suite in Siam Paragon also, Very nice Reclining Chairs with a blanket & Pillow..
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
[QUOTE=transpac;17993760]All of the MajorCineplex and SFCinemacity theatres here are great. In some multiplexes there are exclusive seating-only theatres, like the mentioned Nokia theatre at Siam Paragon. In many standard screens there is three-tiered seating, and in the back you have couches. In some multiplexes theatres #1 and #2 can be all or part premium, with lounges and seat service. And in some multiplexes there are huge theatres, like #4 (Pavalai) at Siam Paragon, and at SFW Central World (#13 maybe?).

QUOTE]

Fantastic, thanks, I am often in Bangkok and bored or too tired or lazy to think about what to do. These cinemas are across the road from the hotel, it is stupid I haven't thought about it before and it is a way to improve my Thai language skills
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:19 pm

I like The Emporium..
http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.ph...a/location/SFX
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Snookynic
Siam Paragon, NOKIA Theatre. 800 thb per person, but great experience and very private...
I did this. Fun to try once.
Get there at least 10-15 minutes early for the private lounge before the movie. They have electric massage chairs, snack and soft drink in the lounge. The theatre has chairs in sets of two that have electric reclining capabilities. There is a blanket and pillow.

Make sure you stand up for the national anthem.

http://www.majorcineplex.com/paragon...?theatre=nokia
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg

Make sure you stand up for the national anthem.
FYI, that is not the Thai National Anthem but rather the Royal Anthem, and yes you should stand as it is played just prior to the feature film, and anywhere else it might be played.

The Thai National Anthem is played publicly daily at 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, so maybe best to stand, or stop, while it is played, if you hear it.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by transpac
FYI, that is not the Thai National Anthem but rather the Royal Anthem, and yes you should stand as it is played just prior to the feature film, and anywhere else it might be played.

The Thai National Anthem is played publicly daily at 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, so maybe best to stand, or stop, while it is played, if you hear it.
You're right, sorry Wikipedia mixed me up.
Before 1932, Phleng Sansoen Phra Barami (the Royal Anthem) was used as the national anthem of Siam.
I didnt scroll down and read...
still used as the royal anthem
Old May 20, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Accor Plus
Originally Posted by transpac
Only around the BTS Area, but that's only for those drinking the Cool-Aid, you don't have to stop if you are in a rush. Many Thais just go on even though the Anthem plays.

As far as Cinemas, Paragon's NOKIA Theatre is still the LEading VIP in BKK I hear. But at 800 a pop, it's rather pricey
Old May 21, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are new theaters at Terminal 21 (Asoke BTS/Sukhumvit MRT), Central Rama 9 (Rama 9 MRT) and Mega Bang Na/IKEA (Bang Na Trat/Outer Ring Road).

The first two are SFCinema branded, the latter is a Major brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.