Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Koh Samui to Bangkok - all flights booked out for days!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am stuck in a travel jam that I am hoping a clever FTer might have a solution to.

I'm currently on Koh Samui with a Bangkok Air flight booked to take my partner & I back to Bangkok on the 9th January.

We need to change our plans and get back to Bangkok by the 5th January. The problem is this: every single flight out of Koh Samui is booked out until the 8th or the 9th.

I've looked at the alternatives - e.g. ferry to Surat Thani and then flight to Bangkok. But there is only one flight available and it's late at night, and this is not a terribly comfortable way of doing it.

Any other ideas? I'm even considering flying to Singapore and then on to Bangkok but this is prohibitively expensive. I am open to expensive solutions but going via Singapore would just be ridiculous.

Many thanks in advance!
Alex
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:49 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Bangkok Airways waitlists never clear. If it says zero, it's likely SOLD OUT.

However, you could try Thai Airways. Buy a full Y fare, or J class (discount business) and waitlist for earlier dates.

With full fare, push them to confirm any date with even one space. With the J ticket, specifically tell them that you want ANY SEAT, business or economy! Call again and again... get a bunch of waitllists, and push for a confirmation.

You can also standby at the airport, but unlless you're "star gold" other golds will trump you on standby.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks Sean.

I've checked Thai Airways (both Y and J), as well as flights to Phuket, Krabi and everywhere else I could find. All booked out. The only option available was via Singapore which would have been well over $1k which is just ridiculous.

The ferry, bus and flight combo on Nok Air looks like it would be 9 hours (!), plus an hour's drive from our hotel to the ferry. Doesn't sound like much fun but would be an ok last resort.

In the end I just booked a Bangkok Air flight direct from Samui to Utapoa (Pattaya airport) and will get a limo from there to the hotel in Bangkok.

Anyone got any recommendations for a very comfortable limo service from Pattaya to Bangkok?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: UA *Gold
Originally Posted by ajca
Thanks Sean.

I've checked Thai Airways (both Y and J), as well as flights to Phuket, Krabi and everywhere else I could find. All booked out. The only option available was via Singapore which would have been well over $1k which is just ridiculous.

The ferry, bus and flight combo on Nok Air looks like it would be 9 hours (!), plus an hour's drive from our hotel to the ferry. Doesn't sound like much fun but would be an ok last resort.

In the end I just booked a Bangkok Air flight direct from Samui to Utapoa (Pattaya airport) and will get a limo from there to the hotel in Bangkok.

Anyone got any recommendations for a very comfortable limo service from Pattaya to Bangkok?
Use http://www.thelimopattaya.com/ 085-739-4949
they are great. Cost will be around Bt1500-2000 in a sedan. Just as a warning if there are two of you and 4 suitcases, book the minivan as their sedans are converted to LNG and trunk space is limited to one large suitcase, a handkerchief and some sand.

Actually, you made a good decision. The Utapao airport is 2 hours from BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.