Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Thai lunch buffet in Bangkok?

Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good Thai lunch buffet in Bangkok?

I used to love the White Elephant at the JW Marriott, but they stopped their buffet a few months ago.

I'm interested primarily in traditional Thai food, no Western menu.

Thanks for the input.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:30 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Plenty of them here listed by cuisine:

http://www.buffet-thailand.com/index-en.htm

Their forum is in Thai with hardly any English postings. But you may click on the "Promotion" tab on top to get the best deal on Thai food buffet lunch from Davis, Novotel, etc.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Plenty of them here listed by cuisine:

http://www.buffet-thailand.com/index-en.htm

Their forum is in Thai with hardly any English postings. But you may click on the "Promotion" tab on top to get the best deal on Thai food buffet lunch from Davis, Novotel, etc.
Thanks for the info.

Fortunately, I just found out that the White Elephant will reopen today for the lunch buffet.

So between that and the Le Meridien buffet, I should be set for lunches until my departure tomorrow.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The Conrad buffet lunch is also excellent, and quite good value to boot! Occasionally hosted business lunches there, and although the food is international as well as Thai, it was consistently very good.

Added. If you dine regularly with Marriott, the Marriott Gold Dining (in Thailand) is good value as 1 meal is free, and drinks are discounted. Comes with a bunch of accommodation discounts for Thai properties as well.

http://www.marriottgoldcard.com/en/l...php?lang_id=10
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The Conrad buffet lunch is also excellent, and quite good value to boot! Occasionally hosted business lunches there, and although the food is international as well as Thai, it was consistently very good.

Added. If you dine regularly with Marriott, the Marriott Gold Dining (in Thailand) is good value as 1 meal is free, and drinks are discounted. Comes with a bunch of accommodation discounts for Thai properties as well.

http://www.marriottgoldcard.com/en/l...php?lang_id=10
I've heard the Conrad had a good buffet, but I had my heart set on Thai food.

Just got back from the White Elephant buffet and it was exceptional.

Dozens of hot dishes, cold salads, a curry station with four different types, soup station, etc, etc.

A Thai food extravaganza for 440 Baht.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:16 pm

Any new news about buffets in Bangkok? Which buffet is the best in your opinion? How about the "bang-for-the-buck" factor, where you can find the best for the least?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:20 pm
In memoriam

With all due respect to buffet fans, the best for least is to be found on the street from just about any of vendors. Really great food for 25-40 Baht washed down with some fresh coconut juice. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.