Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Room in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Day Room in BKK

I need some advice on a getting a “true day room” in BKK. I arrive from ZHR on TG971 at 06:25HRS ( I actually start my day off in YUL) on one ticket (PRN). I have a completely different ticket (PRN) on AI331 that departs to BOM at 20:30HRS.

I would like to get a true day room that will allow me to check in around 07:15hrs and check out around 17:30hrs. I could check out a little earlier as the flight is in C/J class and I will have access to a lounge.

I have been to BKK many times before but not very knowledgeable about the different areas. I am not very interested in doing too many of the tourist things. I have done most of that on prior trips and I think this time around I will be weary from the travel. Plus when I get to BOM I will still have another 2.5hrs of travel by taxi/coach to my final destination.

What I am looking for is a hotel that will be able to accommodate me for 1500THB max range.
I really just need a room to maybe sleep for a few hours and have a shower to freshen up. If the hotel has a pool/fitness room that would be a bonus as well.

I would like to be in an area that has some food choices within walking distance. I am comfortable with local restaurants and I do not mind eating in open-air “hawker” type places. If there are a few places to get a cheap massage that would be a bonus as well. I was thinking around the 750THB for a massage.

I looked into “airport hotels” but from the reviews that I saw the main issue is that restaurants in the area are very limited and there is nothing to do around the area. The airport area sounds great if you just need a short overnight and have a connection in the morning. But given I get in early in the morning, even if I sleep for till 13:00hrs that still gives me time to get some food and a massage or hang out by the pool if the hotel has one.

From what I remember a taxi cost around 500THB to the city so I am comfortable paying that if I have to. Keep in mind I will have 2 check bags and two cabin bags. One laptop and another camera bag. So I don’t really want to take the train/public transit to/from the hotel.

Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.