Wiki Posts
Search

stupid Bangkok Airways baggage fees rant

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

stupid Bangkok Airways baggage fees rant

If I don't get this off my chest before my next flight, I won't be able to enjoy my massage in the TG lounge.

Anyway, on my way down to Samui earlier this week, I asked PG's supervisor if I would be able to get my longest sector (BKK-PVG) applied to my entire (married) itin. She said, "sure"; just show the PG people in USM my BKK-PVG confirmation.

Fast forward 5 days, and a stalemate ensues at USM. I had 28 kg; they made me remove 8 kg (girlfriend's many shoes, which I hand carried) and pitch two expensive bottles of sake. Yeah, I could have paid up, but I was not in a mood to do so.

Because I didn't fancy carrying the shoes on my international flight, I short checked both bags to BKK, waited for 20 minutes, and then waited again to check in (PG originally issued me a BKK-PVG boarding pass, but they took it back when I checked my bags to BKK).

Before you guys assault me with, "you should have known better; them's the rules," replies, I understand this much. But, the fact of the matter is that PG managed to annoy me enough to incite me to say bad things about them on the internet. It's a shame because their on board product is pretty good.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
If you simply sign up for PG's FlyerBonus FFP you get an additional 10kg for a 30kg/pax allowance.

Check in online, which is not available for many destinations, and you get an additional 5kg.

Unfortunate you were faced with this, but you know for next time.
Old May 29, 2011, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you simply sign up for PG's FlyerBonus FFP you get an additional 10kg for a 30kg/pax allowance.

Check in online, which is not available for many destinations, and you get an additional 5kg.

Unfortunate you were faced with this, but you know for next time.
I guess that's what I get for not taking the time to check out this forum prior to my trip. BTW, on the whole, I had an amazing time. I'm planning on posting a bit about the hotel we ended up at in Samui because it was sweet.
Old May 29, 2011, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I guess that's what I get for not taking the time to check out this forum prior to my trip. BTW, on the whole, I had an amazing time. I'm planning on posting a bit about the hotel we ended up at in Samui because it was sweet.
That's where we are right now. Low season, rather empty, some afternoon rain, perhaps 10 of 70 rooms taken here. Bliss.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:21 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HERO200 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thems the rules
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HERO200 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thems the rules
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:07 am

Is the checked baggage limitation on Bangkok airways limited to one bag? I will have two bags to check that, combined, are under the 30kg limit but don't know if that limit is cumulative or I can just check one bag. Anyone know?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Is the checked baggage limitation on Bangkok airways limited to one bag? I will have two bags to check that, combined, are under the 30kg limit but don't know if that limit is cumulative or I can just check one bag. Anyone know?
If you're a member of FlyerBonus, their FFP, you get 30kg and that can be in 1, 2.... 6 bags. The limit is cumulative. With 2 pax you'll get 60kg (again, assuming both are members of the FFP).
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:15 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just signed up for the FlyerBonus program
Have you noticed all the titles you could choose from on the first page?
Sooo tempting to pick something really cool!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:18 pm

I know this is an old thread, I am flying Thailand to Cambodia RT I joined FlyerBonus, so 20kg becomes 30kg ? Also carry on bag is limited to 5kg? That seems impossible. If I check in online will I get 35kg ?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmsnyc
I know this is an old thread, I am flying Thailand to Cambodia RT I joined FlyerBonus, so 20kg becomes 30kg ? Also carry on bag is limited to 5kg? That seems impossible. If I check in online will I get 35kg ?
If you join Flyer Bonus you'll get 30kg on unlimited checked bags. There does not appear to be a weight limit as far as carryon goes.

Checking in online does not increase your allowance.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS - MVP Gold, Bonvoy - Silver, Star Citizen - Concierge
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Just signed up for the FlyerBonus program
Have you noticed all the titles you could choose from on the first page?
Sooo tempting to pick something really cool!
That is the most extensive list of titles I have ever seen. If they didn't have the Les Majeste laws I would be Squadron leader or Lord. I have a friend who's last name is actually Vader and I want to convince him to fly with them just so he gets called Lord Vader.

I have never flown with them though and need to figure out a way to ask if they are serious titles or just for fun.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RoamingGeek
That is the most extensive list of titles I have ever seen. If they didn't have the Les Majeste laws I would be Squadron leader or Lord. I have a friend who's last name is actually Vader and I want to convince him to fly with them just so he gets called Lord Vader.

I have never flown with them though and need to figure out a way to ask if they are serious titles or just for fun.
I chose Captain Diplomatico on Qatar Airways. Many of the staff seem to assume I'm an off duty pilot when flying. :-)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I chose Captain Diplomatico on Qatar Airways. Many of the staff seem to assume I'm an off duty pilot when flying. :-)
if there is an emergency and something happens to pilot, they will ask you to fly the plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.