Bangkok brunch and breakfast recommendations [consolidated]

Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
Print Wikipost

Bangkok brunch and breakfast recommendations [consolidated]

Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Received a reply - the sparkling wine is Italian (Villa Sandi). Meh. Anything else? SGS if all else fails
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:39 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I've only been to the SGS and WGS brunches, every time with other FlyerTalkers. The SGS atmosphere and service is great but some people felt the food was better at the WGS buffet. They had a special of Dine 4 Pay 2 last month.

As for service and ambience, reserve a table in Zest rather than Taste and you get a nicer relaxed atmosphere with a bit better service than Taste perhaps due to the layout. You will also have a large Japanese selection from Kisso.

If you do the SGS, you could leverage the brunch spend into getting the Sheraton Grande membership to get a discount and have brunch largely pay for the card itself.

How many in your party? I find that these brunches are always more fun with more people.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:02 pm

I've never tried the WGS brunch, though it looked pretty interesting on the web. It's just two of us recouping from a Europe-BKK flight, so ideally we'd like to rack up some champagne, sushi and oysters.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
WGS still has come 4 Pay 2 at 2190 net / adult. Free flow wine is 930 more and includes one glass prosecco and free flow red and white wine.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:11 am

Reporting back

Did the brunch at Sofitel Sukhumvit. While the cooked to order items were nice, the seafood selection good and the sushi station good, I didn't think it was worth the price. Here's why:
- the ambiance was a bit too sterile, no one else was doing free flow
- there weren't very many punters
- the prosecco was okay (came in both rosé and white), the wine was so bad (South African cheapo) I didn't even want to try it
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:13 am

Next destination - Chiang Mai and Phuket area

I didn't have the heart to open up a new thread. Perhaps this thread could be renamed to "Sunday brunch" instead?

Anyway - I'm heading over to Chiang Mai and was recommended Dhara Dhevi. Any opinions? Any competition?

After that I'll be in the Phuket region, most likely though up in Phangna on Sunday (near Khao Lak). Anything interesting there?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:07 pm

Have a look at the Raintree Cafe at the Plaza Anthenee
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Remymartin,

Thanks for the no-go Sunday brunch advise re Sofitel Sukhumvit, we will be leaving by plane on a Sunday at 13.20, thus can't make the brunch anyway...
But did anyone try their Appart restaurant on the top floor (32nd?)
We will stay at Sofitel Sukhumvit.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:47 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
For your next trip to Bangkok here is my brunch recommendation, but it's a subway ride from Asoke...

Dusit Thani (at Sala Deang, on Rama IV)

Expect Chiang Mai to have poorer quality on most items. The chefs get terrible prices on everything that is available, whereas other items they need just aren't available. The Le Meridien Chiang Mai brunch is nothing special. Why not take a look at the Shangri-La while you're up there.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:52 pm

tartempion,

You're welcome!

I've only had drinks on the rooftop bar, so I haven't eaten at l'Appart. I hear it's good, though.

sean,
The brunch at Dhara Dhevi was more than twice the price of LM CM, so I'm hoping the former M-O hosts a Bangkok-style brunch. I stayed at the Shangri-La a few years ago, but didn't much like it, even though I didn't try the restaurants.

Which restaurant is the brunch at in Dusit Thani? Is it international or French/Italian as the restaurants there?

Last edited by remymartin; Dec 30, 2013 at 11:03 pm
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:56 am

Was going to book brunch at SGS when I came across this 2-for-1 offer at the Westin
http://www.westingrandesukhumvit.com...y-lunch-buffet

On until the end of July
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
Was going to book brunch at SGS when I came across this 2-for-1 offer at the Westin

On until the end of July
Very attractive. Anyone like to be the other half of a 241 on July 6th?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by Coolers

On until the end of July
That is a good deal. I hope they extend it thru August as I will be in BKK on a Sunday for a change! If not, maybe someone else will run this kind of special.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
A group of about 10-12 of us will be heading to the brunch at J W Sukhumvit in a matter of a couple of hours. I've done this buffet before and it is really excellent. I've also done the Sukhumvit Sofitel buffet, and it does not compare to JW IMO.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Any good "luxury" buffets in Bangkok?

When I was in Beijing there were a couple hotels (Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton) that offered fancy/luxury Sunday brunches as well as some pretty nice dinner buffets. Is there anything like this recommended in Bangkok? Or better to just find a decent Thai restaurant and try out many dishes for a lower cost?

Going to be in Bangkok for 5 days work related and just looking for some interesting/fun food options.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Mar 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.