Search

Hua Hin to BKK ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Hua Hin to BKK ??

Greetings;

Trying to plan out our week at Sheraton Hua Hin. We are going to Hua Hin by train,so no problem .........(I hope?)

I am looking for the best way to make a 11:35 AM flight from BKK when we leave.

Is it recommanded to take a cab direct from the hotel and if so any ball park cost? The Time we should allow?

Would it be better to take a "hotel" car, again any idea of cost?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...............Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:19 am

Smile

Originally Posted by TomT
Greetings;

Trying to plan out our week at Sheraton Hua Hin. We are going to Hua Hin by train,so no problem .........(I hope?)

I am looking for the best way to make a 11:35 AM flight from BKK when we leave.

Is it recommanded to take a cab direct from the hotel and if so any ball park cost? The Time we should allow?

Would it be better to take a "hotel" car, again any idea of cost?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...............Thanks
We hired an executive van from Oriental Escape to transport us from BKK to Hua Hin at a cost of THB 3,700 The ride was very comfortable and nice, with a friendly driver. We were met at Suvarnabhumi by a representative from the company, so no problems in finding our driver.

We did the train ride in the opposite direction, from Hua Hin to Bangkok.
Cost next to nothing per person one way in 2nd class car.

If I were you, I would book transport from Oriental Escape, they are easy to book at http://www.orientalescape.com/thaila...eservation.php and you pay the driver when you arrive at Suvarnabhumi, which takes about 3hrs 30min from Hua Hin depending on traffic.

Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Taxi will be around 1200-1800 Thai Baht all in from Hua Hin to the BKK airport.

Travel time 2.5 - 3 hours. The taxi will not use the meter for long trips such as this so it all depends on your negotiation power and luck (if you get an unscrupulous driver or a decent one). They could offer all kinds of prices but the real deal for BKK - Hua Hin or BKK - Pattaya should be around the 1500 Baht mark.

Considering you are stuck in a car with this person for up to 3 hours I would lean towards a limousine service / hotel car for your sanity's sake but as you can see from the post above, the cost will be 2x - 3x that of a taxi.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
just to throw it in there are minibuses BKK-Hua Hin - BKK leaving from Victory Monument ,

and I am sure there are regular full size buses to MoChit or Ekkami,

These may not work for you but are available if you need a cheaper way.

Rally
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:11 pm

FP999's prices are way low IMO. A good friend owns a home & a B & B in HH. He has a regular driver & he considers 2000 a good price. You can get a car service with a new Camry for 2500 or so. Maybe slightly less since you're in Cha Am & just going to BKK. If you were leaving later, you could get a real good price from a Bangkok cabbie deadheading back (but you aren't). wj
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
FP999's prices are way low IMO. A good friend owns a home & a B & B in HH. He has a regular driver & he considers 2000 a good price. You can get a car service with a new Camry for 2500 or so. Maybe slightly less since you're in Cha Am & just going to BKK. If you were leaving later, you could get a real good price from a Bangkok cabbie deadheading back (but you aren't). wj
My price was for a taxi and it is what local people and expats will pay. Both BKK-Hua Hin and BKK-Pattaya (one way) are well under 2000 Baht, we usually pay 1500. Sure you can pay the first cab you find any amount they ask for but you will be getting ripped off.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:54 pm

Any updates on this (i.e., expected price)?

Anyone have car services they would recommend from BKK to Hua Hin? I think my hotel is trying to gouge me (over $200 USD).
Old May 11, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Any cab in the hotel foyer, or on the street, would kill for a trip to Bangkok Airport, as most can arrange a return fare. I have never taken note of anyones name as there are so many after your dollar. $200 is too high, even for a mistake, maybe they are talking baht and dropped a zero. Last week I had a driver in RGN quote a fare as $50, then later in the day when I was paying him he said $70, when I said, earlier he had said $50, he wrote down 50 and said, no change always 70.
Old May 12, 2012, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by vthokies
Anyone have car services they would recommend from BKK to Hua Hin? I think my hotel is trying to gouge me (over $200 USD).
Lots of taxi services. Just Google it. Pay 2K-2500 max. I've used these guys before - http://www.huahinnewtaxi.com/transfe...okairport.html
Old May 13, 2012, 3:04 pm

Tom, if you choose a taxi from the hotel, then am sure you may pay a slightly higher price, but you will find in HH that there are plenty of places that advertise taxi's to BKK, over the last 5 years prices have steadily risen, you can expect to pay between 1,500 - 2,500 baht.

GL
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:13 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
We paid 2200 thb for a cab from Marriott HH to BKK for 3 of us at Easter.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, I did see a recent post about mini-van service originating at SBIA (BKK), level 1, 350 baht. Not sure about schedule/frequency. I will look into this and follow up.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
and the train if the timing works for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.