Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
. . . . ​​​​​and not shown buy the pictures above is how small the current Fast Passes are , just Passport size now , half the size of the old ones
The latest departure ones (Fast Track) are significantly larger than the ones immediately before (Premium Lane). Arrival ones look to be the same although I don't have a new one to hand.

Unless of course they've changed them again in the last month or so.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
We got fast track arriving BKK on Hong Kong Airlines business class: https://readyjetroam.com/2019/01/29/...enture-begins/
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by kokonutz
We got fast track arriving BKK on Hong Kong Airlines business class: https://readyjetroam.com/2019/01/29/...enture-begins/
Great. I have used HX many times for departure and have received them as well.
I added the arrival data point to the wiki.
kokonutz likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I advised a senior colleague that a (rare) age-related benefit would carry him through the arrival and departure fast-tracks at BKK.

Have I been reckless ?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I advised a senior colleague that a (rare) age-related benefit would carry him through the arrival and departure fast-tracks at BKK.

Have I been reckless ?
Not reckless. I've watched as a family with an elderly member in a wheelchair was graciously let into the fast-track departure.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tvhead
Not reckless. I've watched as a family with an elderly member in a wheelchair was graciously let into the fast-track departure.
I'm rather hoping a perfectly fit and boringly suited bloke from London will get through as well, with or without grace ....

But just in case, I'm preparing a "they probably couldn't believe you were a senior" excuse
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
KL -

Arriving on KL, April 11, 2019 - distributed at the forward door on deplaning at BKK.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: Miles and More
Slight thread drift but does anyone have any experience with these VIP meet and greet deals where you get the fast track lane as part of the fee? I'm coming in after a long day at work then a long-haul in economy so want to avoid as much queuing as possible.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:18 am

Arrived on china airlines today and they handed out the right fast track and got through without troubles
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by meiji
Slight thread drift but does anyone have any experience with these VIP meet and greet deals where you get the fast track lane as part of the fee? I'm coming in after a long day at work then a long-haul in economy so want to avoid as much queuing as possible.
From what I can remember these have now been stopped. You need to have a premium (first/business) ticket to be able to get access.
Some suggest they check the Fast Track Pass and the boarding pass when you are trying to access the FastTrack channel.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
From what I can remember these have now been stopped. You need to have a premium (first/business) ticket to be able to get access.
Some suggest they check the Fast Track Pass and the boarding pass when you are trying to access the FastTrack channel.
Bangkok Flight Services are doing as you say, however Bangkok Airport Limousine are still offering the full package.

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html
RTWFF likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Miles and More
The question, I guess, is whether it's actually functional. I suppose the best way to find out is to try. At least it's my company paying not me
Old May 4, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
We used previously saved (AY issued) Fast Track vouchers when arriving on a different airline - I had no issues, better half got lectured how it's valid only if arriving on the issuing airline, but was processed and allowed in.

The vouchers seem to change now regularly, in April we had a different one than in December which was again different from the "old" style.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bit of a corruption scandal re: FastTrack - I know, shocker, seems someone was making a bit of dosh on the side. This is not the reason "Big Joke" (FORMER Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn) was banished, BTW.

Immigration denies 'Fast Track' abuse

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...st-track-abuse
Old May 13, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: star alliance
We will be arriving with LX in business and it appears that Swiss may not hand out fast track passes. Is there a premium line for business passengers in addition to fastrack? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.