Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: The Embassy
VN outbound only, which takes a bit of shine off their 1-2-1 787 route to London at £1,200, but only a little.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Meant to post in this thread last week rather than start anew.

I was leaving BKK on CX last Monday 29th Feb in J and received a Fast Track pass. The Priority Lane closest to CX Check-in desks was very busy. I've never seen it like this - are more airlines dishing these things out now, or are premium fares getting lower?

There was constantly a queue outside of about 6-10 people for a good 10-15mins. I hung back waiting for it to get quiet and contemplated using normal track. It didn't quiet down so just went and joined the queue as time was getting on.

(note: it didn't help that when I did get through a couple in front had two full bottles of water, took an age to get other liquids and electronics out and had to take off coats, belts shoes etc. you would have thought they had no idea they were going to an airport when they set off earlier....but those complaints are for another thread....)
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
There is an intresting trick I learned from here. You have to show your voucher to the ladies before entering (they mainly check if you are on international flight). You then go thru security and put the pass away and only show the immigration officer your passport/BP/departure card.

I have done it 5 times since the start of the year and was never asked for the pass. Saving it for flights on airlines that I don't have status with/TG in Y (they don't give PL for *G in Y),extra companions/arrivals on airlines that don't offer PL on arrival.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Exprience with LY

Got my pass in TLV while checking in for TLV-BKK
Same for return in BKK.

Flight in Y as a KD member.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Received Fast Track pass for CX713 departure to SIN early this month. I was in J class/BA award ticket.

I was second in line for immigration so no queue at all - neither for the prior security screening as I recall it.

Yes, you show your boarding pass and voucher to the person at the entrance to Fast Track lane but the immigration officer will ask for the voucher and keep it (if you have not already handed it over voluntarily)
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
...the immigration officer will ask for the voucher and keep it (if you have not already handed it over voluntarily)
They would not ask for it,unless you proactively hand it to him/her.At least this has been my experience on over 20 flights,including 5 this year.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
They would not ask for it,unless you proactively hand it to him/her.At least this has been my experience on over 20 flights,including 5 this year.
I've seen pax asked for the pass.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I can assure you that I tried to keep the voucher so I didn't proactively do anything/hand it over to the officer - but as he specifically asked for the voucher it was difficult to avoid giving it to him
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:38 am

I can assure you that I tried to keep the voucher so I didn't proactively do anything/hand it over to the officer - but as he specifically asked for the voucher it was difficult to avoid giving it to him
I've seen pax asked for the pass.
My appologies then,I was only drawing from my experience

Anyone else managed to keep the passes?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Anyone else managed to keep the passes?
Kept some and been requested to hand some over (both inbound and outbound). I get the impression it just depends on who is dealing with you and how they're feeling at that moment.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Surprised not to see NH in the Wiki.

Anyone confirm that J arrival would get Fast Track voucher?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: The Embassy
No joy inbound with OZ. Given the rest of my experience I have to conclude it would have messed with their whole "screw the customer" vibe too much.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
KE and DL definitely offered on outbound in J. Inbound has been spotty, mostly not offered on either KE or DL.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
I flew Han-Bkk last week on QR. They gave voucher as we departed, but it was marked with airline flight no and date. Didn't need it as no one at regular lines.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by paullgo
I flew Han-Bkk last week on QR. They gave voucher as we departed, but it was marked with airline flight no and date. Didn't need it as no one at regular lines.
There are plenty of times I've used older, filled out, fast track vouchers. I recently used yet another United one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.