Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Air Berlin gives them out to Business Class pax.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Flying on TG in C from PEK, any experience getting them from TG or will I need to ask?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
EK provides fast track on departure and arrival for business and first class.
Arrival fast track cards are EK cards without any date on it.
Departure are BKK Airport fast trackcards with name and date written on it.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:18 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
last flight on EY as a silver member they granted me fast track too..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, Qatar Privilege Gold.
Oman Air.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CX....but did not need them as the lines at immigration were short!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
CX....but did not need them as the lines at immigration were short!
Then hold onto them or find an equitable trade.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Got a fast track card at UNITED BKK check-in but had to ask for it,

they did not fill it out....

Was going to save it but right in front of me a large tour group entered the regular departure line so I went to Fast Track, only one there and it took only a few minutes, so thanks United

Rally
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:53 pm

LH first class provided fast track but only after exiting the plane.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:19 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Any idea if I can convince UA to give me one in Y? I got downgraded from C due to irrops.

My hotel offers Fast Track passes, but charge 1500 THB for them (!). I'd prefer not to fork out $50 for something the airline had previously been giving me for free.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by exerda
Any idea if I can convince UA to give me one in Y? I got downgraded from C due to irrops.

My hotel offers Fast Track passes, but charge 1500 THB for them (!). I'd prefer not to fork out $50 for something the airline had previously been giving me for free.
It was mentioned above that some were only receiving Fast track when asking for them, even if in C. Won't hurt to inquire.

1500B is excessive. Sunday afternoon the lines extended back to the immigration entrance. Even so, 17 minutes later I was past security.

Something to look for when the lines are long: 1) (this may seem obvious but believe me it isn't) look for the line with 2 people working it 2) women are consistently quicker then men.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Originally Posted by exerda

I assume you are talking about departure,

I was in the First Class check-in and the lady did not even know they had them, I asked and the other First Class check in lady told her in Thai where they were,

I would bet that if you check in using the coach line that they will not have them......you can always ask, or like someone else said there are other immigration gates you might want to look for them.....

I wish Narita had them to use at Arrivial , but no luck

Rally
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: most of them
I posted this elsewhere, but it applies here I guess. Until the end of the year pax departing BKK can get fast track on QR if they check in online.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by MichaelWCS
Flying on TG in C from PEK, any experience getting them from TG or will I need to ask?
If flying TG F or C you don't need a pass, your boarding pass will suffice. However, they frequently ask to see the boarding pass and I have seen some passengers get to the front of the line only to get redirected to the regular lines by the immigration officer.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:50 am

Just flew out of BKK the other day on UA and they gave me one. I assumed it was because I was running a little bit late. It ended up being no faster than the regular immigration line as there were only two agents working the fast track immigration lines.

I didn't know you could use these elsewhere, good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.