Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Suvarnabhumi Airport can become of the world's best airports"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Meh. I was a Don Muang regular back in the day and, while hardly eye candy or a Changi-beater, it was actually a pretty darn functional airport, especially if you had lounge access and didn't need to camp out in the corridors. DMK's few notable warts (messy taxi system, random long queues at immigration, looooooong walk from international to domestic terminal) haven't been much improved by Swampy. Pretty much the only upsides are that I've yet to get stuck in an incoming taxi jam before the terminal at the new BKK, which was an all-too-regular occurrence at DMK, and that I'm cautiously optimistic about the new train link.
True - the much enlarged feeding lanes into the new airport was a BIG improvement especially the departure drop-off level which always used to be a zoo during morning rush hour for departures.

If the new train link does connect to the BTS - I might end up using it myself when staying at the Westin/Sheraton. Anything else - just not worth it. The Le Meridien and the Plaza Athenee are too far from the BTS station to make it worthwhile for me to take the train.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
My biggest gripe about Suwarnaphum is simply the number of times I've been bused. Doesn't matter if it's PG, FD or TG.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
To be fair the title of the thread is not too far off as I can think of only two things they need to do to make Suvarnabhumi one of the worlds best airports:

1) Flatten it

2) Start again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.