Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG 794 LAX Arrival Times

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

TG 794 LAX Arrival Times

It has been a long time since I have utilized TG, but will be on 794 in early December. Scheduled arrival time at LAX is 7:20 PM.

I would like to make an 8:30 PM WN departure to Phoenix as it is the last flight out that night.

For those experienced TG FT folks, what are my chances given Customs, etc.? I note that the flight has a good on-time arrival record, but it still looks like a close call considering transit bus from Bradley.

Maybe I should just book a LAX hotel?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
SA_Robert

I would not risk it. An hour is cutting it way too fine. Book a hotel for the night and fly to PHX the next day.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Agreed. I'm taking 794 in a few weeks, and there's a connection I'd like that is 1:15 after scheduled arrival, but I'm not going to book it and go through the hassle of missing it, etc. I'm going to go grab a hotel and be back early the next morning.

Unfortunately, with DST my flight is scheduled to arrive at 21:30. If I had your arrival time in December, making my connection would be no problem!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Echoing the chorus. You'll never make that connection. I go through customs at TBIT quite often and you're looking at an hour *at best* even during a more reasonable arrival time (coincidentally 794 arrives at peak hour and it's a bit of a madhouse navigating through customs and baggage claim then.) All this, and you'd still have to make your way with you bags all the way to T1. In my most optimistic mood, I would never recommend trying it.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:56 pm

It took me over 1h20m just to clear immigrations and customs into TBIT last time I flew into that armpit of a terminal, and there weren't even that many people. Waits of 2hr+ are not unheard of.

Much better to just book an airport hotel and not stress about making the connection, in my opinion
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by SA_robert
It has been a long time since I have utilized TG, but will be on 794 in early December. Scheduled arrival time at LAX is 7:20 PM.

I would like to make an 8:30 PM WN departure to Phoenix as it is the last flight out that night.

For those experienced TG FT folks, what are my chances given Customs, etc.? I note that the flight has a good on-time arrival record, but it still looks like a close call considering transit bus from Bradley.

Maybe I should just book a LAX hotel?
I would not risk it.

You can't interline baggage on WN. So, after custom's you have to get you and your baggage from TBIT over to Terminal 1. Plus you'll have to stand in line to check the bag.

Perhaps try UA6453 LAX-PHX 8:55pm departure. When you check-in at BKK, you can show your onward ticket to PHX on UA and get them to tag your bag to PHX. You should also get your BP for LAX-PHX in BKK as well.

Plus, its a shorter bus ride from TBIT to UA's Terminal 7 where you'd clear security (line should be light at that time of day).
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Hotel booked. Responses confirmed my original thought.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:30 am

If you don't want stress, give yourself at least two hours. I was on this flight a few months ago and it took a long time from landing until walking out of TBIT, a good 45 minutes. Immigration only took 15 minutes, but after waiting for bags, then a long queue at customs........
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: ROP
Second that.

You can get on the metro (public) bus or a privately run trolley to Manhattan beach or the mall for just a couple of bucks. The trolley is convenient but do leave some time as it is not japan-style ultra on-time.

Many hotels will hold your luggage for you, I stayed at the Courtyard century blvd and the put the luggage into a locked luggage room. It's not a bad hotel, but housekeeping will come knock on your door at around 11 am or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.