Flight loads

Old May 18, 2010, 11:28 pm

Would love to know how the loads are these days and the upcoming weeks.
Old May 19, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
will be pretty much transit pax and BKK residents only I would think. And those fleeing the country.

I estimate Thai may end up grounding half the fleet for a while after today's events.
Old May 19, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: various
I'm due to fly back from LAX-BKK (transit only to PEK) on June 13, and economy is booked solid, I'm assuming with Thai families and uni students returning home for the summer, rather than tourists. But that might be an anomaly among TG's flight routes. I suspect there will be capacity reductions on many airlines flying into Thailand, over the next several weeks and maybe longer. TG of course would be hard hit.
Old May 19, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by dazz81
will be pretty much transit pax and BKK residents only I would think. And those fleeing the country.

I estimate Thai may end up grounding half the fleet for a while after today's events.
Really - half the fleet? A scary thought...

What is the general feeling around this...? I know TG will be hard hit, and am also anxious to understand the full impact as I have many flights coming up with TG over the next 4 weeks.

I guess time will tell?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old May 19, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Really - half the fleet? A scary thought...

What is the general feeling around this...? I know TG will be hard hit, and am also anxious to understand the full impact as I have many flights coming up with TG over the next 4 weeks.

I guess time will tell?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
It's a guess, but it would not surprise me. I think Singapore airlines will halve its 4 daily to 2 daily within a few days, others will follow.
Old May 19, 2010, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by jiejie
I'm due to fly back from LAX-BKK (transit only to PEK) on June 13, and economy is booked solid, I'm assuming with Thai families and uni students returning home for the summer, rather than tourists. But that might be an anomaly among TG's flight routes. I suspect there will be capacity reductions on many airlines flying into Thailand, over the next several weeks and maybe longer. TG of course would be hard hit.
My son's family is booked to Thailand this summer and flights had also been solidly booked. It wont change much until a few days/weeks before departure as all those fares have a cancellation fee or unrefundable (and TG reuses to even talk about it). So pax do wait and see.
What is strange is that TG is not offering any more tickets for sale except at the highest fare.s As if TG does not understand that their loads will be very light even if the situation does not deteriorate. Poor yield management.
Old May 19, 2010, 10:37 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Can only mention the direct flight ARN-BKK, which usually is booked solid with swedish vacationers this time of year, is wide open in all classes from tomorrow and into next week according to a friend that works on a travel agency here.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I flew BKK-SIN on Tues 18 May in C on TG403 (0800 departure).

Load in C was good with 26/30 seats full. I peeked through the curtain and the Y cabin seemed reasonably full, though hard to really judge.

Return is planned for Mon 24th on TG404 - subject to the situation - I have 5 pre-paid days at Grand Asoke Residence Asoke ..... before the dreaded flight back on BA.

Cheers, TK
Old May 21, 2010, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From EF or KVS, flights leaving BKK for SIN are quite full but inbound flights are allmost empty.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Flew BKK-SYD TG477 5/20/10 with only my wife and I in F. C looked like it had maybe a half dozen people.

Truly amazing flight and lounge, big fan of THAI Airways.
Old May 25, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Flying LHR-BKK in J tomorrow and will report back.

If anyone needs a comp for the lounge PM me.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: ex AN*G(Diamond), QF SG, VA Plat
Heard from Mrs AN*G - over the weekend SYD-BKK, 2 in F (her & a Thai speaking gent), but appeared solid in C, BKK-FRA 7/10 in F, and almost full in the downstairs C.
Old May 27, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: LH Senator
BKK-FRA

TG922 BKK-FRA this Tuesday had 8 in F, 10 in C and not many Eco passengers.

I was informed that Thai has removed two cabin attendants from each flight (747) to reduce costs. Furthermore, they now only stay one night at the destination instead of two nights.

They offered a turndown service in F. It consists of a yellow seat cover similar to the previous blanket. I don't really think it makes a huge difference. The cover is too thin to make a difference.

The amenity kit has also been re-designed. The Chap-stick is back. Much better than the NZ lip balm. Otherwise, it contains the same stuff.
Old May 27, 2010, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just curious. Doubt that anyone is paying TG F those days. So seven or eight pax in F must be awards and ThaiVIPs. Any idea about the breakdown in F?
Old May 27, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: ex AN*G(Diamond), QF SG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Just curious. Doubt that anyone is paying TG F those days. So seven or eight pax in F must be awards and ThaiVIPs. Any idea about the breakdown in F?
Can definitely confirm that Mrs AN*G is flying paid F, and is most definitely neither a Thai nor a VIP but has an employer who is prepared to pay F for intercontinental flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.