Search

Quite urgent: Q reg farecode

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Quite urgent: Q reg farecode

Hi,

I just booked are flight from SYD-BKK, farecode QLE3MAU1 - QWB0. German agent not able to answer question, so: Any of the gurus here are able to tell me what the penalty in a no-show case would be??

F.R.
Old May 11, 2009, 1:54 pm

I don't know if the Q rules ex Australia are the same as ex Asia ... but i regularly use Q class tickets from Indonesia or Singapore and never had to pay any penalty for anything (no-show, date changes, wait lists, go-show, ...).
Old May 11, 2009, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Same for my Q fare AKL-BKK in Mar.

I changed dates for 3 of the 4 sectors (and I'd applied my B'Day GUP) with no problems or costs.

I expect that if you cancelled the ticket there would be an admin fee of sorts.....but have no idea of the amount.
Old May 11, 2009, 6:50 pm

I’m guessing (and it is only a guess) that you are traveling on an ‘EXCURSION ECONOMY WITH FLEXIBLE DATE’ fare :

Travel Class : Economy Class
Minimum Stay : Nil
Maximum Stay : 3 Months for SEA/JP/KR; 1 Year for Europe; 6 months for others
Reservation Change : Reservation change can be made as following;
Before and After Departure: Permitted
Rerouting: Permitted
Reissuing to higher fare: Permitted with fee Q-AUD100 H-AUD75
Cancellation/ Refund : Totally unused ticket: Permitted with fee Q-AUD275 H-AUD220
Partially used ticket: The difference between the fare paid and the fare for the travel used less fee Q-AUD275 H-AUD220
Child Discount : 25% of adult applicable fare
Royal Orchid Plus Miles : 100% of miles flown
Enquiries : For further information, please call our call center on 617 1300 651 960

Are you able to retrieve your booking on the Thaiair website for further details?. Failing that you might need to contact Thai direct in Germany or Australia ( 617 1300 651 960) for clarification.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. In my case I will transfer from UA to TG in SYD, so when the UA flight is coming in very late I will not be able to change anything thus creating a no-show.

ButcherBird: Yes, these rules look like mine. But does "Refund of a totally unused ticket" include a no-show? Isn´t a no-show usually treated more harsh?

F.R.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
does "Refund of a totally unused ticket" include a no-show? Isn´t a no-show usually treated more harsh?

F.R.

Hmmm. Not sure.

A ‘totally unused ticket’ to me implies that you have changed your mind at some point prior to the flight and have sought a refund?

You seem to believe you are at risk of missing your international connection, and hence will not be able to make your booked flight. I don’t believe this is a ‘no show’, I would hope TG would accommodate you on the next available flight (particularly as a ROP *G).

Don’t know. Don’t particularly want to give you advice based on pure guesswork. I would be inclined to give TG a call.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the OP, can you expand teh circumstances? Are you arriving into SYD on UA and connecting with TG to BKK?

Are all your flights contained on 1 booking, if so then THAI has responsibilities to place you on teh next flight. However, if these are 2 separately booked flights, then THAI has no obligation to carry you if you miss your flight. Of course, they might still help you....but no obligation to do so.

With 3 flights a day, have you considered re-booking with a later TG flight from SYD?

Cheers, TK
Old May 13, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
For the OP, can you expand teh circumstances? Are you arriving into SYD on UA and connecting with TG to BKK?

Are all your flights contained on 1 booking, if so then THAI has responsibilities to place you on teh next flight. However, if these are 2 separately booked flights, then THAI has no obligation to carry you if you miss your flight. Of course, they might still help you....but no obligation to do so.

With 3 flights a day, have you considered re-booking with a later TG flight from SYD?
T-K, of course these are 2 sep tix (UA upgrade LHR-SYD return - for a fabulous fare), that´s why I started thinking . Even after talking to TG OZ today I still am not convinced that when I´d be missing TG 994 I´d be put on 996 (using my Gold upgrade btw.)

F.R.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...I still am not convinced that when I´d be missing TG 994 I´d be put on 996
hence suggestion to rebook the later flight to be sure......
Old May 20, 2009, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
hence suggestion to rebook the later flight to be sure......
I gambled and won . All worked out smoothly.
Btw, I today was served a remarkebly bad meal: "Beef filet" with rice. Boy, if I had a dog I hardly can imagine I would offer him such meat, brrr.

F.R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.