Wiki Posts
Search

Thai airways seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by baggyred
Looking for a photo(s) of Row 31 on the a380 and a330 - but none seem to be available. I'm keen to know whether they indeed have extra legroom - as not all bulkheads do!!

They look like the best seats (perhaps row 48 on the a330)

Trying to salvage some brownie points as the wife is flying in Y
As @maerim suggested, you'll find row 31 and exit rows blocked out for Airport Control use. if you are ROP Gold/Plat you might be able get advance assignment. So unlikely you'll get access to them in any case.

I find row 31 is acceptable for leg room on most of TG's types. I am 1.72m tall. I will often look at a youtube clip, and pause as the pax entered the economy cabin. This is a reason alternative to finding a picture. Just note the armrest is tied with the tray table, so is unable to be raised. This bothers some folks...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
As @maerim suggested, you'll find row 31 and exit rows blocked out for Airport Control use. if you are ROP Gold/Plat you might be able get advance assignment. So unlikely you'll get access to them in any case.

I find row 31 is acceptable for leg room on most of TG's types. I am 1.72m tall. I will often look at a youtube clip, and pause as the pax entered the economy cabin. This is a reason alternative to finding a picture. Just note the armrest is tied with the tray table, so is unable to be raised. This bothers some folks...
So it will even be blocked at 24 hours to go?

Have a ticket which is PER->BKK->LHR

Most interested in Row 31 for the BKK-LHR leg

Wondering whether it will open at OLCI for the first leg or whether sweet talking in Perth might be the go
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baggyred
So it will even be blocked at 24 hours to go?

Have a ticket which is PER->BKK->LHR

Most interested in Row 31 for the BKK-LHR leg

Wondering whether it will open at OLCI for the first leg or whether sweet talking in Perth might be the go
Yes, Row 31 will still be blocked at T-24 for OLCI for both sectors. Kinda annoying as TG*G that there is no access to exit rows or bulkheads. You could email the contact centre and ask for a note to be placed in the PNR requesting that row, followed up by whatever sweet talking in PER. But just be aware that there is a ‘Thailand factor’ which can see a TIP’s teenager placed in these seats well in advance.... and I can only guess BKK-LHR has many of those....
baggyred likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
Advance seat selection

How far in advance can we select seats on a thai flight ( tg635) oct 15

I checked their site today with booking number and did not see that option
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murphyjunk
How far in advance can we select seats on a thai flight ( tg635) oct 15

I checked their site today with booking number and did not see that option
Try harder, as seat select is available from booking until T-48. I assume you have the THAI booking reference.

Read my post upthread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31158257-post38.html

and also here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31740702-post1438.html

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 19, 2019 at 10:34 am
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
You should be able to select seats. The process after booking is a little buried in the menus:

- use the THAI PNR in Manage My Booking to access your booking
- scroll down to ‘Services’ and click ‘additional services’
- then click ‘select your seats’
- select your seats, and then save (otherwise selection is lost).

You will only be able to selects seats in the rear of the economy cabin, even if you hold *G status. Also, luggage is 20kg and not 30kg for the more expensive fares.

thanks for the reply

so far, no luck

services option does not go to next field
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for the reply

so far, no luck

services option does not go to next field
That is unusual. You could try the mobile app, but at this early stage, I’d email/call THAI and just ask.

I use the NZ and BKK offices, and usually have very quick response for something such as this.

Good luck.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Expertflyer seat map for TG635 ICN-BKK 15 Oct 2020 fyi
Attached Images  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
so far, no luck
I was recently unable to select seats on the TG website. The IT is unreliable. Sometimes the app will work when the website does not.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was recently unable to select seats on the TG website. The IT is unreliable. Sometimes the app will work when the website does not.
Could there be some limitation for seating at e.g. 330 days out? - something tells me that I have seen something like that before, but cannot remember if it was TG or somewhere else.

In any case, calling up is usually helpful when the website is acting up.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Could there be some limitation for seating at e.g. 330 days out? - something tells me that I have seen something like that before, but cannot remember if it was TG or somewhere else.
UA doesn't open seat maps immediately when the schedule opens for booking. But my recent TG experience involved a flight within about two weeks. My personal belief is that the website is just very buggy.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Give it a few days (even weeks) and try again - there is plenty of time until Oct 2020.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
My personal belief is that the website is just very buggy.
I have no problem at all believing that
If related to premium class bookings, I have only positive experiences with calling TG, so that would be my recommendation.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I have no problem at all believing that
If related to premium class bookings, I have only positive experiences with calling TG, so that would be my recommendation.

I had no luck with the eva ( or tg) site to choose a seat

I just called thai airways 800 number, was able to get seats booked for both eva and tg flights ( I just checked the united site to make sure)

tg was fast and easy
Thai-Kiwi, SKT-DK and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
They cancelled my seat from MNL to BKK on EC. I had booked a seat online. I am*G yet they gave it someone else. After a bit of talking at the counter they eventually gave me an aisle seat further forward.
My experience of TG has always been bad at MNL. Never did I have a good experience on the ground in MNL with TG.
If I had a choice I would not fly at least from MNL on TG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.