Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Changes To Brisbane/Auckland Schedules?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
TG Changes To Brisbane/Auckland Schedules?

Afternoon All,

Latest rumour circulating in Australia is that Thai Airways will make changes to its Brisbane and Auckland services from June 2009.

I understand that the current plan is to suspend the nightly, triangulated BKK-SYD-BNE-BKK 777-300 service, terminating the flight in Sydney. The Airline would then offer a new, dedicated Bangkok – Brisbane service with 777-200ERs. It has been suggested that nonstop services to Auckland would cease and overall services to Auckland reduced (down to three weekly). Services would arrive in to Brisbane early morning, with a quick hop across the Tasman and back, before an afternoon departure back to Bangkok.

There is also talk of Sydney services being reduced, however I cannot verify these claims.

It’s expected that there will be an announcement regarding Brisbane and Auckland services sometime this week.

Has anyone heard any futher?

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I know that the THAI board were considering route restructures back in late Feb, but teh outcomes haven't leaked out, at least to me!

I feared that the BKK-AKL direct service might go, but I hoped that the A346 might make the BKK-SYD(or /MEL/BNE)-AKL route, bring back F and a decnt number of C seats....

The flight BKK-BNE-AKL reminds me of when THAI first flew 'direct' to NZ on the DC10-30ER - wifey and I were nearly on the first flight, back in Dec '87 IIRC....

Cheers, TK
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:45 am

Programs: some
That sucks :-( (if indeed that is what will happen).
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Ouch..
Really bad news if AKL if no longer non stop.
Got caught out last year when they droppped F and dropped to less than daily. Now have purchased a set of flights AKL - BKK - India - Europe return with not a lot of room for movement on timing.
If they make the AKL cut I guess it will be so long to TG with any of my business.
If anyone hears any more please keep us informed.
Thanks. WLGNZ.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:09 pm

Any news on the AKL flights?
Today I received a schedule change for August which is only a 90 min later departure ex AKL arriving 90 mins later into BKK.
Thanks
WLGNZ
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THAI staff at AKL advised me earlier this week that they were not aware of any pending changes. Of course, this is probably what they would say until permission is given for a press release.....
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:38 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Ouch..
Really bad news if AKL if no longer non stop.
Got caught out last year when they droppped F and dropped to less than daily.

Are you surprised ? I moved away my NZ business from TG when they dropped F and the wonderful A 340. Today SQ is a good alternative with C seats that are better than any TG F.

And if SQ should inconvenience me there is still NZ via HKG - real service from real people.

There should be no leeway for airlines in the premium market nowadays.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
Are you surprised ? I moved away my NZ business from TG when they dropped F and the wonderful A 340. Today SQ is a good alternative with C seats that are better than any TG F.

And if SQ should inconvenience me there is still NZ via HKG - real service from real people.

There should be no leeway for airlines in the premium market nowadays.
No not surprised, just a little dissappointed.
I have moved most of my business to NZ/SQ (depending on destination) but had come back to TG for an upcoming trip due to good timing and a very good price. With the schedule change on the AKL flight this will no longer work so it all has been cancelled (wonder how long the refunds will take) and may now end up using EK or SQ.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:18 am

Any updates on the above?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not as far as I know - Mrs TK and Master TK (17y) are booked in Nov/Dec on current 4x weekly schedule. I do note that loads are light in Sep/Oct...

Cheers, TK
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
What are TG's frequency in OZ per city?

I know MEL is x2 Daily
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Fliar
Any updates on the above?
Last I heard TG were looking at introducing 5x weekly Brisbane terminator services (M/W/F/S/S) with 777-200ERs (with effect late OCT09). Schedule supposedly along the lines of in at 11:45L and out at 14:45L. I am unsure whether such services would replace or compliment the existing daily 773 service via Sydney.

Given that I heard this about 1 month ago, either TG is waiting to make an announcement or has scrapped the idea.

Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:21 am

mmmmmhhhh....let's see what happens. I've got bookings for AKL-BKK in early October. Here's to hoping they don't get cancelled.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soorox
What are TG's frequency in OZ per city?

I know MEL is x2 Daily
3 mins on the THAI website will provide that answer.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I know that the THAI board were considering route restructures back in late Feb, but teh outcomes haven't leaked out, at least to me!

I feared that the BKK-AKL direct service might go, but I hoped that the A346 might make the BKK-SYD(or /MEL/BNE)-AKL route, bring back F and a decnt number of C seats....

The flight BKK-BNE-AKL reminds me of when THAI first flew 'direct' to NZ on the DC10-30ER - wifey and I were nearly on the first flight, back in Dec '87 IIRC....

Cheers, TK
Hi Thai-Kiwi et al,

I was looking at flights to Mumbai for late Oct / early Nov and noticed that 2 SYD-BKK flights are on the A346! I phoned the Thai ofice and they informed that there will be 3 daily direct flights from SYD to BKK and 2 will be on the A346 (bringing F back to Oz) and the other flight on a 777...

Good news all around, it only seems like yesterday they stopped the 747 flights, but this clearly indicates they are ramping up their premium cabins back into SYD!

Happy days!

Cheers,

AG. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.