Best lhr-bkk-mel/syd service

Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: bmi diamond club lifetime gold, ba silver
Best lhr-bkk-mel/syd service

I am looking for F class redemptions in the Heathrow-BKK and then on to Melbourne OR Sydney all in October. There seems to be 2 daily services to BKK, either a 346 aircraft or a 747 aircraft with BKK-Melbourne being on a 777 and BKK-Sydney on a 773.

I can see through ANA website some one only F class seat on a selection of dates but assume they may release one at a time so anther may come up if i grab one now and keep looking. Is that correct and, if so, from experience how likely is it?

Which service is recommended from above? Do these services operate the latest Thai first/business cabin seating or are they still operating older cabin seating. If we can only get seats in business then how does the service compare against first class.

many thanks
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA*G
No F to Sydney or Mel.
777 to Sydney should have new C seats. Don't know about Melbourne.
In general since the 777 was introduced it has become a lot harder to find reward seats on the SYD-BKK leg.

I find TG C doesn't really compare to F, but you will have a comfortable flight.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: bmi diamond club lifetime gold, ba silver
I have found 2 F seats on TG 923 from Frankfurt to BKK. That would work as easy conection from Edinburgh. Is the 747 operating this flight the 7443"type" with the new F class seats? Also what are lounge faciliteis like in FRA as will have a few hours to wait
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yes, FRA usually has the newer seating in First/Biz.

THAI uses the FRA Senator Lounge for First pax on *A flights other than LH. Its is OK, but *G Y pax also can use this lounge and is nothing special (in regards as being different much from usual biz lounges) IMHO.

There are detailed reports and discussions, and I highly recommend teh search function to answer most of your queries, and then suggest you pose the 'leftovers'.

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The OP cross posted this question in the M&M and BD forum as well. As you may know cross posting is not allowed on FT. As the thread in the M&M forum as the most replies I suggest to comment on this topic over there.

Thank you!
Best,

totti
M&M moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.