Are you sure?
That I sat in economy? yes...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:08 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by BarryJS
That I sat in economy? yes...
Are you sure that the agents have the authorization to be flexible.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold
I was going by the previous message where someone was upgraded to F despite only being on a GUPed Q ticket. I'm sure they aren't meant to do it, but I read it as there being room for some flexibility.
It was my own fault for not planning it properly, so I don't really have grounds for complaint.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by BarryJS
I was going by the previous message where someone was upgraded to F despite only being on a GUPed Q ticket. I'm sure they aren't meant to do it, but I read it as there being room for some flexibility.
It was my own fault for not planning it properly, so I don't really have grounds for complaint.
Sadly I think there were mistakes made by agents in the beginning which we missed out on.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:36 pm

I think so too. However, if they were to just let me sit in a C seat I would happily forfeit all the other benefits of that class!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Reminds me, I haven't used it yet, don't think so anyway and it's not electronic so, if I can't find that card, I am in big trouble, maybe I shouldn't think about it, if I've lost it I will be cranky
Old Aug 29, 2009, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Scadger
Because I'm not paying to upgrade but using the complimentary Gold 'round trip upgrade' from Q to J, I'm hopeful that if I present my Voucher at check in in SYD and say that I would like to use it on the BKK/FCO leg they will send a message through to BKK.

Whatever happens, I'll post back with the results.

Cheers
Scadger never seems to post his result.

Considering another recent post on successful 2 upgrades on BKK-LHR with GUP + SUP, I am going to try my luck on Sept 14 for BKK-CDG, and will for sure post the result.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:22 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
No luck today....Tried to use SUP Certificate for my J-GUP from Q (BKK-CDG), the check-in agent told me that despites the errors made in the past, GUP is strictly no longer allowed to use SUP certificate. flying_pig must have been one of the last lucky ones who managed to do it.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: ROP Gold
I also tried SUP certificate from a J-GUP for LHR-BKK on 15 Sept. Check-in girl passed to the TG supervisor who explained it was not possible from an award ticket.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:43 pm

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to use this award. I'm booked on a bunch of V class tickets this month. I checked to see how much it would cost to have one leg upgraded to Y/B/M only to find that it would cost me double the standby upgrade price!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to use this award. I'm booked on a bunch of V class tickets this month. I checked to see how much it would cost to have one leg upgraded to Y/B/M only to find that it would cost me double the standby upgrade price!
I'm probably in the same boat as you. All my TG flights this year were/are either in Q or lower, or award flights in the highest class. No chance to use my coupon unless I'm willing to pay a ridiculous charge to upgrade to Y/B/M. Hopefully they'll change the birthday gift next year to something that's not worthless like this year's was to us.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:57 pm

I would have used it to get into first this year had the recession not hit me so badly. As it was, the one time I might have used it, I messed up and booked the wrong class of ticket..
Hopefully TG will make a special effort to hold onto those golds who are threatened with losing status by economic circumstances with some really good incentives.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Hopefully they'll change the birthday gift next year to something that's not worthless like this year's was to us.
^ Completely agree with you. Either 50% redeem or round trip upgrade with same conditions as qualifying as ROP*G would be good.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: ROP GOLD, QFF GOLD
Gold envelope - Our gratitude to you

Originally Posted by kiam
Scadger never seems to post his result.

Considering another recent post on successful 2 upgrades on BKK-LHR with GUP + SUP, I am going to try my luck on Sept 14 for BKK-CDG, and will for sure post the result.

Sorry Kiam - I haven't checked out the forum since June Not surprisingly, I had no luck whatsoever. The staff at the First Class lounge in BKK went through the motions of appearing to see if they could upgrade me but it was very obvious to me that it wasn't going to happen. Finally, they told me that it would be a 'double upgrade' (from Q to J to F) so it wasn't allowed. I couldn't bother arguing with them that there was nothing on the certificate to say this wasn't permitted. Anyhow, the result was No luck!

I'm doing the return trip next week - if I can find the certificate I'll certainly try again at FCO but I'm sure they won't permit it. After all, they've had 10 months now to practise telling people 'No'.

I only hope that next year's 'gratitude' is actually worth something because this year's was useless for lots of ROP members, not just for me and my husband (who between us have had 8 International flights this year with not one where we could use the Gold Certificate'.

Who else would like to see Thai bring back the 'Fly for 50% of the miles in your birth month or 75% any other month'????@:-)

Cheers

Last edited by Scadger; Oct 9, 2009 at 11:23 am Reason: spelling error
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: ROP GOLD, QFF GOLD
Update

Originally Posted by Scadger

I'm doing the return trip next week - if I can find the certificate I'll certainly try again at FCO but I'm sure they won't permit it. After all, they've had 10 months now to practise telling people 'No'.
Well, I have to eat my words .... the extremely pleasant staff on the checkin desk at FCO couldn't have been more accommodating - we were able to use our 'Certificates' to upgrade to F for the FCO/BKK leg of our flight.

So, for those of you who still haven't been able to use your Certificates - try, try again.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.