Wiki Posts
Search

Releasing a second F award seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Releasing a second F award seat

I'm booking an F award with BD miles for next November, and will have a leg HKG-BKK. I can see one F seat available on TG601, operated by an A346. If I book that seat, what are the chances of a second one being released? I know SQ often release another F seat shortly after the first one is taken, and I was hoping TG might do the same. If not there are two C seats available, and it's not a long flight, but F would be nice if possible...

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Approx. 50/50
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Approx. 50/50
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. Those are odds I'm willing to take - at worst it's a small change fee to move the first booking if I can't get the second seat.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Even if you can't secure the second F award seat you want, it is possible for the second pax to buy a standby upgrade C to F (yes, even off an award ticket) on the day of departure. I started another thread a while back with the costs of such standby upgrades.... Of course, C in the 346 is just fine...

Just another possibility for you to consider.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Well I've booked one F seat now- SQ have obliged with a second one, TG haven't yet so I guess I'll book the second in C and just wait and see. Good point about buying up to F at the airport, I'll keep that in mind in case nothing appears.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Depends on loads. If you wait long enough the second seat may just open up, but maybe not until 10 or so days before travel.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
F seats pretty much allways open up within the week before departure. Although you will have a problem if this flight is after along stop-over as you aren't allowed to make any changes after first sector is flown!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.