Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG508 MCT-BKK (via KRH) - Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
why is everybody talking about KRH???
the stopover is in Karachi and It's airport is KHI
Yeah I was wondering that too I do not think TG will ever fly to Redhill Aerodrome in Surrey, England

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Redhill Aerodrome (IATA: KRH, ICAO: EGKR) is an operational general aviation aerodrome located 1.5 NM (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) southeast of Redhill, Surrey, England
On the issue of safety, I would like to believe that if there is any perceived danger, TG would not have this stopover in KHI but elsewhere. Regardless, the FA should definitely not contribute to an envoronment of uncertainty by saying it is unsafe - that is very unprofessional, if you ask me.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid
If it was actually safe, other carriers would fly there. Its only Qatar, Emirates, Etihad and Turkish Airlines who fly there. I assume the countries of these carriers have certain trade agreements with Pakistan.

TG flies there seeing they have (cheap) fuel deal, and probably some other trade agreements. This is what the pilot told, not sure if he was allowed to tell me that. It makes sense though.

I will not call Pakistan a safe country.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NTCP8
If it was actually safe, other carriers would fly there. Its only Qatar, Emirates, Etihad and Turkish Airlines who fly there. I assume the countries of these carriers have certain trade agreements with Pakistan.

TG flies there seeing they have (cheap) fuel deal, and probably some other trade agreements. This is what the pilot told, not sure if he was allowed to tell me that. It makes sense though.

I will not call Pakistan a safe country.
No. If there was demand, other airlines would fly there - but there obviously is not.
By this logic, you are saying that QR, EK, EY and TK are unsafe, or high-risk carriers by flying there? For what it is worth, BA is returning to Pakistan this year too.

TG have their commercial reasons to fly there, but as a safe, international carrier they would not put their equipment, staff nor passengers at risk.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:40 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Yeah I was wondering that too I do not think TG will ever fly to Redhill Aerodrome in Surrey, England

On the issue of safety, I would like to believe that if there is any perceived danger, TG would not have this stopover in KHI but elsewhere. Regardless, the FA should definitely not contribute to an envoronment of uncertainty by saying it is unsafe - that is very unprofessional, if you ask me.
I was a bit surprised by that too. I think the thread title is throwing people off. Self-perpetuating mistake originally made 10 years ago by the OP.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
I was a bit surprised by that too. I think the thread title is throwing people off. Self-perpetuating mistake originally made 10 years ago by the OP.
Either that or people think Surrey is very dangerous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.