Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Baggage Handling for *G?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Priority Baggage Handling for *G?

This is my personal experience with TG on my luggage. Usually, I seldom checked in my baggage, but for this time, I did. I was on TG from SIN-BKK-PVG-BKK-SIN. When I arrived in PVG from SIN, I had to wait at least 10min for my luggage to appear, though I have been tagged as "* Alliance Priority". During this time, other untagged luggages have already appeared on belt.

On my return leg from PVG to SIN, I had to wait for more than 15minutes for my luggage to appear though it has been tagged as well and many others untagged passengers have already collected their luggage.

Does TG honour *G priority luggage handling or that they just dump the luggage with other untag luggages? Any personal experiences on this?
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:31 pm
Suspended

As a star alliance gold, they will put a business lugguage tag for you, you have to ask them. it made alot of different when they put it on. Most TG ground don't know what priority mean, just F and C.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 4:56 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TANBOY90274:
As a star alliance gold, they will put a business lugguage tag for you, you have to ask them. it made alot of different when they put it on. Most TG ground don't know what priority mean, just F and C.</font>
*gold gets the pink round first class tag !
*silver gets the blue round Business tag !

Old Nov 30, 2003, 6:08 pm

some time ago I always got one, as just a ROP-member, but it made no difference at all: flying AMS-[FRA/MUC]-BKK, as several containers cannot reveal from outside if the priority is inside, or in another, and I guess they just load till they're full anyway. But for BKk/D.Muang 10 mins is not bad at all, in fact a velocity record (not that it matters much, as likely you'll have to stand some 20 mins in queing up for immigration).
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bertheike:
Originally posted by TANBOY90274:
As a star alliance gold, they will put a business lugguage tag for you, you have to ask them. it made alot of different when they put it on. Most TG ground don't know what priority mean, just F and C.</font>
*gold gets the pink round first class tag !
*silver gets the blue round Business tag !

I don't recall seeing any Biz or FC tags on my luggage whenever I travel with THAI. I do noticed that SQ and ANA tags my luggage as FC even when I am travelling on Y Class.

Such discrepancy within the alliance.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I fly TG only on domestic legs and they always tag my luggage with the orange *A priority tag - my experience even when flying Y has been that my luggage is always the first few out on the carousel on arrival.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 2:37 pm

On my flight in Oct the used a white and purple priority tag, with an orchid design, when I was travelling in Y from BKK - NRT.

In J and F I usually get the round BLUE J class or round PURPLE F class tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.