Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Royal-e booking: how long till they charge credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2003, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

On Saturday I booked a BKK to Krabi roundtrip on line (via TG's website) from the US and selected both the electronic ticket and credit card payment option.

A few moments my flight came back as confirmed. Good.

However, I've noticed that my credit card has not yet been charged after 24 hours. TG's email said to await a further email confirming that my credit card has been charged.

Question: how long does it take for TG to charge the credit card after an on line Royal-e booking? Is it immediate (as many airlines) or does it take several days?

I ask this, since the website states that tickets must be picked up within 72 hours and don't want my reservation to cancel.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 12:41 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
I've done 4 tickets in the last two weeks. Normally takes one to two days. Saturday in U.S. is Sunday in Bangkok. The e-ticket will probably process on Monday or Tuesday-just my guess.

E-ticket option has worked quite well from U.S. Don't forget they do not pre-assign seats. Ask for specific ones at the airport (expect them to ask supervisor for approval)
Old Nov 3, 2003, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply.

This morning an email arrived confirming ticket purchase details. I guess this is not an automated process and the ticketing folks do not work weekends.

Too bad TG's website cannot:

1) allow for direct seat assignment.

2) state that there may be a 1-2 day delay in response with ticket purchase confirmation details. It certainly would put us first time TG Royal-e online customers at ease if we knew what to expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.