Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking agent in bkk?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2003, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
booking agent in bkk?

Hello all
I'm looking for a reliable booking agent in BKK, preferably one who does discount business and/or first class tickets with either TG or other airlines. I'm flying OW BKK-HKG in early January, and am having trouble finding someone to reply to my emails for fare info, etc. I found decent prices on EK in business class (8200 Baht), but was also interested in TG, GF, AY, etc....
Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
ThaiFly have some really nice fares to offer, I have never booked with them but I have heard that they are reliable.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 9:55 pm
QFF

Programs: Qantas FF/Royal Orchid Plus
Kyushuman,

If you find a Bangkok travel agent that replies to email I would appreciate you posting the name. 3 weeks ago I emailed Chawla Travel Agents and Olavi Travel Agents both based in Bangkok. Still no reply from either !!!

Gustaf,

I had a look at Thaifly site but was not able to get quote on line even though the facility to do so is there. I kept getting referred to "live agent" for details. Also I checked their hotel prices and found them to be 200/300 baht more expensive than booking directly with hotels.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers QFF

------------------
Qa not Qu

[This message has been edited by QFF (edited 10-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by QFF (edited 10-13-2003).]
Old Oct 14, 2003, 3:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Email me if you need a agent thats reliable and safe

K

------------------
Old Oct 14, 2003, 4:02 pm

I looked at Thaifly seems a nice site except for the vast amount of words not spelled right for example Honalulu??? Snorkelling? Thaialnd?

Also noone responds to the 24/7 help
Guess I would steer away from anything like this

------------------
Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QFF:
Kyushuman,
I had a look at Thaifly site but was not able to get quote on line even though the facility to do so is there. I kept getting referred to "live agent" for details. Also I checked their hotel prices and found them to be 200/300 baht more expensive than booking directly with hotels.

</font>
Try LTU-ASIA
http://www.ltu-asia.com
The last years I only booked with them, the website is in German and English and they are the cheapest in Hotels !!!!!

Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:21 pm

Just a follow up

I emailed Thai-fly sales on Oct 14
and they never responded

I personally wouldnt book with them

------------------
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:28 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I have emailed to Mandala International Travel and Services Co Ltd and they have responded within 3 days. Their email address is [email protected], and website address is
www.mandalatravel.co.th.

I have yet to book with them yet.

The other travel agent is AsiaTravel and you can email them at [email protected] (http://www.asiatravel.com)

Good luck!
Old Oct 17, 2003, 5:36 am

I use Amber Travel, a guy called Anant, he's very good, very reliable and can organise for tickets to be delivered to the airport or overseas by courier.

Email me if you want more info.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:16 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boycruz:
Just a follow up

I emailed Thai-fly sales on Oct 14
and they never responded

I personally wouldnt book with them

</font>
Sorry for bringing ThaiFly up from the begining. As I mentioned before I have never booked with them, just read about them somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.