Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business / First class service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2003, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Business / First class service

What is Business and/or First like on Thai. I am looking at going for LAX to BKK and HKT and was wondering what the seats/service was like. How does Thai compare to UA and SQ?
Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbust:
What is Business and/or First like on Thai. I am looking at going for LAX to BKK and HKT and was wondering what the seats/service was like. How does Thai compare to UA and SQ?</font>
try to use the search function. This topic has been discussed numerous times...
Old Jun 13, 2003, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbust:
What is Business and/or First like on Thai. I am looking at going for LAX to BKK and HKT and was wondering what the seats/service was like. How does Thai compare to UA and SQ?</font>
Business class on the domestic segment (BKK-HKT) is well worth the nominal surcharge. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum48/HTML/000278.html

I have no personal experience with the transpacific segment, but others have suggested that the international premium service is substandard. Do a search in this forum.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 9:38 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
Service is (well almost) always good.

Quality of seat and IFE depend on the aircraft type. If you're flying on the following aircraft types then you'll be fine.

777 [be aware that the seats are new but are arranged 2-4-2 and thus narrower than most other 777. The legroom and IFE, however, are good]

The following types have very old seats
AB6
M11

Transpacific routed are operated by older aircrafts, unfortunately.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Are there any plans for Thai to put in new seats on the transpac routes? I'm looking at LAX-KIX-BKK in January. I'm planning on using a *A award ticket, so I might look to another carrier if TG will still have the old seats.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 9:02 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
If you plan to fly in First class then it's OK. Even though the old seats are not flat, it's pretty comfortable. For Business class, you will have some trouble if you're tall. The seat pitch is just 42 inch on the old aircrafts.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 9:25 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
We were quite disappointed with J class seating BKK-LAX today (not even a footrest to be found), so at the stop in NRT we asked to be u/g to F for the NRT-LAX portion.

It cost us$500, and while much better, did not come close to BA/CX/SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.