Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Seating assignment on a 747 from Phuket to Bangkok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 6:25 am
Original Poster

I have booked a 'C' class ticket from Phuket to Bangkok on January 5th.

The flight is operated by a 747.

Am I able to call TG for an advance seat assignment? I have *Gold status through Krisflyer.

What do they do with the First Class seats on the 747 when it flies domestically?

Any advice would be appreciated.

------------------
NW Worldperks Gold, 6/10 of the way to SPG Gold
Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:38 am

Cannot do advance seat assignment on domestic flights.

First class section is closed off unless the flight is full-ish. That being the case, first come first served, in my experience. Although, like all things in Thailand, your mileage may vary.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 8:40 pm
QFF

Programs: Qantas FF/Royal Orchid Plus
Must depend on who you talk to at TG. I have always been pre-allocated the seats I have requested when flying domestic "C" class.

Never in "Y" though.

------------------
Qa not Qu
Old Jul 29, 2003, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I was able to get pre-reserved seats on the BKK-HKT leg, but not on the HKT-BKK return. Strange. Anyway, the upper section of the 744 is just fine. You didn't specify if you are returning on TG from HKT-BKK and, if so, what equipment you are scheduled to fly, but I highly recommend either the 744 or 333, and not the 777 or 300, if the departure and arrival times are convenient. Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.