FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   TG Domestic (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/86162-tg-domestic.html)

ws8n Jun 4, 2003 1:13 am

TG Domestic

I'm planning on flying BKK to Phuket on TG.
Looking at TG website, the biz fare is 3425/6850 (OW/RT). Can I get this fare at the airport? I assume I can't get it any lower than is listed on their website?

thaifly Jun 4, 2003 2:44 am

Once again (has been told quite some times); there are No discounts whatsoever on loss-making domestic fares, and at airport you pay same as on website, at LOCAL travel agent (cannot say if this includes the 50 baht or so airp tax PLUS some 100 for insurance per leg), and BUS=C is a FLAT 800 per sector more as plain Y on ANY route. Be aware of quite stringent rules on refunds on domestic tix. The HKT route WAS always quite busy and sold-out, but in the current situtaion likely not,unless TG adjusts its schedule to to lower demand
You can get it a little lower if you choose the OTHER private airlines on this route; BKK-air or Phuket air, check their websites, but for RETURN only, more likely if you are with more, like a family, and of course no TG-* miles

LH747FTL Jun 5, 2003 12:55 pm

You can get a 10-percent discount at the moment if you book online and choose e-ticket.

Please note that online booking must be made at least three days in advance - I tried the night before and ended up waiting 20 minutes at domestic ticketing the next morning...

tide Jun 6, 2003 10:29 pm

I think you actually get cheaper rates if you book online right now. I have a BKK-CEI leg coming up booked through a local BKK TA and it was 600 baht more expensive than the online rates (even before the current 10% e-tocket online promotion)

doctajay Jun 10, 2003 2:13 pm

Link for the e-ticket discount

http://www.thaiair.com/royale_e.htm

I recently flew BKK-HKT - loads were pretty light. I just show up an hour before and bought my ticket .. no hassle. Worked well for me during the high season as well.

[This message has been edited by doctajay (edited 06-10-2003).]

mymiles2go Jun 11, 2003 12:47 am

I'm looking at getting on TG221 BKK-HKT (the 6:20PM 747 flight that arrives at 7:40PM).

Can anybody tell from experiance what the likelyhood of this flight being on time is? The reason I ask is that the car rental place I'm looking at (AVIS) closes at 8:00PM, so I'm a little worried that I'd miss the cutoff. I guess another way to ask this, is what's the actual flight time - as opposed to simply the blocked time.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by mymiles2go (edited 06-11-2003).]

mymiles2go Jun 15, 2003 1:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mymiles2go:
I'm looking at getting on TG221 BKK-HKT (the 6:20PM 747 flight that arrives at 7:40PM).

Can anybody tell from experiance what the likelyhood of this flight being on time is? The reason I ask is that the car rental place I'm looking at (AVIS) closes at 8:00PM, so I'm a little worried that I'd miss the cutoff. I guess another way to ask this, is what's the actual flight time - as opposed to simply the blocked time.

Thanks!
</font>
Shameless bump...

tvl4free Jun 17, 2003 7:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mymiles2go: Can anybody tell from experiance what the likelyhood of this flight being on time is? ...I guess another way to ask this, is what's the actual flight time - as opposed to simply the blocked time.</font>
Ever heard of Murphys Law? Todays flight 221 BKK-HKT was cancelled. PAX were rebooked on the subsequent flt, TG215.

Here's the actual hx of TG215, showing an 'off-on' flt time of 1:02 - which should give you an idea of typical flying time on this route. Looks like you'll have to add on another 15 to cover the 'out to off' and 'on to in' - for a total of 1:17 for a typical flt.

* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * TG 215 - 1 TU 17JUN 0116Z/18JUN
BKK LEFT THE GATE 1914
TOOK OFF 1926
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2026 HKT
HKT AIRCRAFT LANDED 2028
ARRRIVED

It was scheduled to depart at 7:20P and arrive at 8:40P.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 06-17-2003).]

opushomes Jun 21, 2003 2:23 pm

If it were me, I would take an earlier flight into HKT to insure Avis pick-up. The Avis counter is quite convenient-directly opposite the exit door at arrivals. Interestingly enough, just based on my experience in January, this site is staffed by some personnel who do not ascribe to being from the land of 10000 smiles. Perhaps it is because they deal with thousands of tourists, but the service was similar to that one would receive at a New York area (no offense intended) location.

They gave me a car with a flat spare for a 4 day rental starting with a 150 mile drive to Ranong. Attitude initially was that a spare was not something anyone might need. An hour later they finally loaded a new one in the trunk.

BTW do not expect a receipt of any sort unless you absolutely insist and airline miles probably will not post.