Go Back   > > >

Old Dec 19, 02, 8:24 am   #1
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
ROP Gold Upgrade Question

I have a bunch of booked travel on *A in January-May. I could either credit them to my LH account and get 84000 status miles towards Senator requalification or credit them to ROP to get 63000 status miles and 71000 award miles (with TG*S and TG*G bonuses). Awards wise it's about the same between the two programs, so the upgrade cert is probably what decides my choice.

The wording on TG website isn't really specific, just says round trip upgrade from paid ticket. ROP member service confirmed it's good from any published fare but how about the routing? Would ARN-BKK-SYD-BKK-stopover-ARN be fine?

On LH I would only get 1 european upgrade and 30K miles towards the second cert, so I am thinking TG would be of much better value for me.

Thanks.

LH747FTL
LH747FTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 02, 8:57 pm   #2
pt

As long as that's booked as an ARN-SYD return trip you should be fine. I used one once from LHR-BKK-SYD-AKL-SYD-BKK-LHR, it was booked as a LHR-AKL round trip and the voucher was good for each and every sector.

Thai are pretty generous with their upgrade vouchers, confirmed seat and yes, from any paid fare.
pt is offline   Reply With Quote