Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Where's Best Place (Cheapest) Place to Buy BKK-Phuket Tickets??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2002, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

Well, the side trip to SIN is now off the table (but thanks for everybody's help). Now, we are headed to Phuket for a few days (from 1 July to 5 July). Is the best place to buy tickets on Thai's website or elsewhere. I won't be getting to Thailand until 30 June so I won't really have a chance to buy them once I'm there. Any idea how much I should plan on spending?

And if anybody has a suggestion of a great place to eat in Bangkok (or Phuket), let me know and I would be happy to have you come along and treat you to dinner.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 1:06 pm

DOMESTIC FLIGHT BANGKOK-PHUKET
GOOD FOOD
Official Stated Rates. I don´t think you can
get any discounted air-tickets on domestic flights in Thailand. You can eat good food anywhere in two countries in the world. Italy and Thailand. That´s one of the great enjoyments of being in Bangkok. You can eat 24 hours a day. No matter what sort of food you are looking for, be it Western or Eastern, you will have a little troble finding it with taste that will satisfy your fancy or remove your homesickness. Prices here are, of course very reasonable.
Sawasdee.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 3:51 pm

Y usually runs about $125 USD and J runs about $40 more than that. I don't know if a TA can do better than those prices. I've purchased off Expedia and through TG direct. It's about 1.5 hr flight. The food IS good for such a short hop. J gets you a better seat and meal. Y has been tight, I find, but I'm tall-ish (6'2").

I was suprised that TG didn't serve any alcohol on domestic J flights. But nice iced coffee!
Old Jun 17, 2002, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
Thai's website is showing prices of about $125 per person. That seems really cheap but I know that inter-Thailand flights are often amazingly cheap. Rather than wait, I'm just going to go ahead and book them. But if anybody is interested in dinner, let me know.

Old Jun 17, 2002, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam

I am up for an Independence Day drink or two. I will be staying @ Patong Resort. Arr. BKK 30June. Will arr. HKT 1310 from CNX, should be @ Hotel around 1430. Free for remainder of day. Let me know if you'd like to meet up(email working).
Old Jun 18, 2002, 3:16 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Christman week, 2001, the TG fare on the website and the World Travel Service desk was the same. I thought I payed $150.00US.

What is the Thai Baht exchange rate these days?

I still like the Royal Gardens resort in the center of things. But the REMOTE JWMARRIOTT is the best and brand new.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam

42.18Baht to 1USD
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
TG does sell a domestic Discover Thailand pass, which I believe requires 3 segs minimum ... each are priced at US$49 per.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.