Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Earning miles on ROP when flying with United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold

Hi

Can I check if I travel on Economy Class on United Airlines, which are the booking classes will earn me 100% of mileage points?

Also, are there booking classes that will only earn 50% miles?

I have checked with ROP in Singapore and BKK and was given different answers. SIN ROP informed me that V and W classes earn only 50% miles while BKK ROP told me that I will earn 100% miles on V and W classes on United. So who is telling the truth?

Also, what about "Q" and "T" classes? Would appreciate if you could share if you have credited UA flights to ROP account. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: QFWP, TG*S, ex-UA 1P
Check the TG website

Did you check the TG website?

Click Royal Orchid Plus (menu bar) then select Earnings Miles. Then select Thai and Star Alliance Airlines. There's a link at the bottom of the page.

I could post the information directly, but I figure this way is better!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Thanks, yes I am aware but it seems to me that the website info is outdated. This is the response which I have obtained from ROP SIN and it seems that V and W classes only earn 50% which is not indicated on the website:

=================================
Thank you for your email 17Oct07.

For Royal Orchid Plus members travel on United Airlines flights, class accrual as per below :

50% earning on V & W classes

100% earning on Y, B, E, H, K, L, M, Q, S, U, T classes

Best regards
Royal Orchid Plus Dept
Thai Airways International
Singapore
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hclee01
Thanks, yes I am aware but it seems to me that the website info is outdated. This is the response which I have obtained from ROP SIN and it seems that V and W classes only earn 50% which is not indicated on the website:

=================================
Thank you for your email 17Oct07.

For Royal Orchid Plus members travel on United Airlines flights, class accrual as per below :

50% earning on V & W classes

100% earning on Y, B, E, H, K, L, M, Q, S, U, T classes

Best regards
Royal Orchid Plus Dept
Thai Airways International
Singapore
The website says that all economy fares earn miles, only Z (Discounted Business Class) earns 100%.

I find that a little hard to believe that all econ fares will earn miles!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:04 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
On a related topic:

What do UA tix booked in C fare class earn in terms of redeemable miles and elite-qualification miles in ROP? I'm particularly interested in the class-of-service bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
On a related topic:

What do UA tix booked in C fare class earn in terms of redeemable miles and elite-qualification miles in ROP? I'm particularly interested in the class-of-service bonus.

Thanks in advance.
125% (which means you only get 25% extra miles for class of service)
Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by lallyr
125% (which means you only get 25% extra miles for class of service)
Thanks!

I can confirm the answer to my own question because I fished out the ROP Member handbook to find the answer to a different question and came across a chart indicating that Business Class on * airlines earns 125% miles with ROP.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The ROP member handbook is available online at the THAI website as a .PDF document.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I have checked with ROP HK and gotten another completely different answer. They indicated that V and W classes are eligible for 100% ROP miles. So now, is ROP SIN or ROP HKG that is correct? This is so confusing...

====

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you again for your email. Please kindly be informed that both V and W class on United Airlines are eligible for mileage accrual at 100%

Should you need further assistance, please kindly send us email again.

Best regards,

XXXXXX
Royal Orchid Plus, Hong Kong
THAI Airways International Public Co. Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2179 7754
Fax: (852) 2179 7600
Email: [email protected]
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
i read in a hand book somewhere that V and W would only give 50% too, but found that all miles were credited at 100%
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: various
I can answer this on point. Just flew SIN-SFO on Sept 27, returned SFO-SIN Oct. 11. Entirely in United economy W class, all miles put to Thai ROP. Miles have just posted to account at 100%. Ticket was booked online via united web site. BKK ROP is correct, at least under current rules.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:59 am

agree with aceman and jiejie: had the same experience early this yr; booked online, via UAL-website, which said like 12.000 mls (RTN AMS-LAX, via CHI), but class V or W. Expected that THAI would cut it in half, but no, the full amount was booked. Untill reading this, I assumed it was because its all automatic and no-one checks it. However, THAI will not pass on the meagre 125 mls that here in EUR airls. like LH/Blue1/SK give on their deep-discount (competing with Lowcosts) fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.