Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Internet check-in reduces OP-Upgrade chances?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR

Just out of my curiousity, does checking-in on the internet reduces your chance of being operational upgraded on THAI?

In the past I have managed to get upgraded to business on Cathay and Singapore by pre-assigning my seat in the first row of the economy cabin (where moms with babies are usually seated) using Internet check-in. Both upgrades happend on very full (in Y) flights and bulkhead seats were available on the Internet for online check-in.

THAI's online check-in is not as flexible as Singapore's or Cathay's. I find that THAI blocks many seats (esp. aisle seats in the front and bulkhead seats). So my question is does being pre-assigned a seat in the middle/back of the plane reduces your chance of being op-upgraded?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Regarding OPUPG, I think that checking in person is better as I have had problems with THAI OLCI gainingthe seats I want, and never OPUPG so far with THAI anyway even when *G and Y looking very full (OPUPG only on SQ !!).

On 25 flew return sector C HKT-BKK on 744 with Mrs TK and 2 kids. I had called THAI a few days before and asked them to enter a seat request for the F section 2A/E/F/K on the notes section of computer PNR of the booking. The kids wanted to change to experience the C seating upstairs, so I tried to select these seats (or reallocate) using OLCI and found that the F seats requested were already allocated. Upstairs seating was marked on OLCI screen as being 'X' (taken or unavailable), but in fact the C load was very light and upstairs was closed - so we had to suffer in the F seats again......

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:53 am

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Upstairs seating was marked on OLCI screen as being 'X' (taken or unavailable), but in fact the C load was very light and upstairs was closed - so we had to suffer in the F seats again......

Cheers, TK
Think yourself lucky - when we did BKK > HKT during the summer, I had the check-in staff trying to convince me that upstairs on a 747 was the F seats. I knew it wasn't but it was too early in the morning to push my point so we ended up in the C seats that we'd paid for. The return flight wasn't on a 747 so there was no option to get F seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.