Wiki Posts
Search

retrofitting program 747

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, FB silver, LH Sen
retrofitting program 747

I have noticed that TG recently updated (august) its website with information on the number of 747 aircrafts :
http://www.thaiair.com/About_Thai/Pu...craftFleet.htm
The number of 7443 is ten vs eight old 7442. This is exactly the numbr given several months ago. Does it imply that TG suspended its retrofitting plan for 747? Anyone knows?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
I would say several month ago they planed to have 10 new 7443 ! Now they really have them ! It´s the same with the airport, he was already anounced to be "ready" last year, but that´s not unusual in Thailand
Originally Posted by doudou
I have noticed that TG recently updated (august) its website with information on the number of 747 aircrafts :
http://www.thaiair.com/About_Thai/Pu...craftFleet.htm
The number of 7443 is ten vs eight old 7442. This is exactly the numbr given several months ago. Does it imply that TG suspended its retrofitting plan for 747? Anyone knows?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:33 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
The retrofit program is still going on. According to the schedule, you'll see that 7443 is still being introduced into more routes. If nothing changes, all 12 of them should complete before 1 December when 7443 finally take over SYD, FCO and MAD (MUC changes from 7443 to 346).

The 10th 7443, HS-TGT, has been flying for a while. The 11th should be in hangar by now. Some tech at TG told me that some aircraft will be in hangar longer than the other depending on how many maintenance works is due on that particular aircraft. The seat retrofit alone takes almost a month due to extensive rewiring required plus time for test, weight and balance, and certification time.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Anyone think there's any chance that they'll upgrade the NRT>BKK 7442 to the 7443?

I guess this isn't considered "long haul" (although it is 6.5 hours) but it would be nice to have the new FC on this leg.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, FB silver, LH Sen
Originally Posted by spk
The retrofit program is still going on. According to the schedule, you'll see that 7443 is still being introduced into more routes. If nothing changes, all 12 of them should complete before 1 December when 7443 finally take over SYD, FCO and MAD (MUC changes from 7443 to 346).

The 10th 7443, HS-TGT, has been flying for a while. The 11th should be in hangar by now. Some tech at TG told me that some aircraft will be in hangar longer than the other depending on how many maintenance works is due on that particular aircraft. The seat retrofit alone takes almost a month due to extensive rewiring required plus time for test, weight and balance, and certification time.
Thanks for the detailed and pleasing answer. I am recent to the forum and probably missed past info, but is TG keeping six 7442 for "minor/shorter" routes? This is the impression I get from "all 12 of them should complete before 1 December".
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:25 am
spk

Yes, TG will keep 6 747-400 in 7442 config for shorter/non-premium route.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by spk

Thanks for all the useful info. Is there an Internet way to know which aircraft is flying where? For example, could I find the immatriculation -(e.g. HS-TGT) of the aircraft operating TG 931 today?
Probably not, but it would be fun if possible.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
LHR Movements can be viewed here, perhaps not every flight but interesting nonetheless. Choose month and then day.

http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/heathrow/lhrmainindex.htm
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH747FTL
LHR Movements can be viewed here, perhaps not every flight but interesting nonetheless. Choose month and then day.

http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/heathrow/lhrmainindex.htm
VERY interesting! It seems that LHR do get the 7443, at least I checked for August. I am most interested by flights out of Paris. Anyone knows a similar source??
Also, would anyone know the registrations of NOt-refurbished a/c? I guess that HS-TGW, HS-TGX are in process or retrofit. What are the six other ones not planned for retrofit?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
how many 7441 old 747-300 does TG keep ? And on which routes will they operate ? ( only domestic ? )
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bertheike
how many 7441 old 747-300 does TG keep ? And on which routes will they operate ? ( only domestic ? )
Apparently, the 7441 are gone. [ by the way, Scandinavians must be very happy to pay business class for F seats on the 7442]. It seems that the antiquated 743 will be used on routes to HKG and BEI. I am flying next month from Paris to HKG in F and am booked on a 743 BKK-HKG-BKK. Given the number of premium pax who hub in BKK from HKG to Europe and vice-versa I am surprised that TG plans to keep this a/c (even once retroffiting is finsihed) which is such a letdown. 743 should be reserved to domestic routes.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:29 pm
spk

Originally Posted by brunos
VERY interesting! It seems that LHR do get the 7443, at least I checked for August. I am most interested by flights out of Paris. Anyone knows a similar source??
Also, would anyone know the registrations of NOt-refurbished a/c? I guess that HS-TGW, HS-TGX are in process or retrofit. What are the six other ones not planned for retrofit?
HS-TGY, HS-TGZ, HS-TGA, HS-TGB, HS-TGF, HS-TGG won't be retrofitted.

BTW, in September there will be a lot of aircraft change from 7443 to 7442. LHR suffers 2 downgrade on Aug 31 and Sept 1 while CDG got downgrades on 3, 14 and 18 Sept. It looks like one of the aircraft is due for maintenance thus lots of them get rotated around. 7443 will do some ZRH run in place of 346 for many days, for example.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:03 pm

Further to spk's info, ZRH is scheduled to get a 7442 on 16SEP and 7443s on 14/18/19SEP, but all subject to change of course.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spk
HS-TGY, HS-TGZ, HS-TGA, HS-TGB, HS-TGF, HS-TGG won't be retrofitted.

BTW, in September there will be a lot of aircraft change from 7443 to 7442. LHR suffers 2 downgrade on Aug 31 and Sept 1 while CDG got downgrades on 3, 14 and 18 Sept. It looks like one of the aircraft is due for maintenance thus lots of them get rotated around. 7443 will do some ZRH run in place of 346 for many days, for example.
thanks SPK, very useful information, as always from you.
I am flying sep 15 out of Paris, is that expected to be 7443. I am a bit worried that when you say downgrade on sep 14, you mean the flight leaving BKK on sep 14 and therefore arriving/departing CDG on sep 15. If so, I would try to change my travel date to the 16th.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:48 am
spk

Originally Posted by brunos
thanks SPK, very useful information, as always from you.
I am flying sep 15 out of Paris, is that expected to be 7443. I am a bit worried that when you say downgrade on sep 14, you mean the flight leaving BKK on sep 14 and therefore arriving/departing CDG on sep 15. If so, I would try to change my travel date to the 16th.
I think you're safe because BKK-CDG flight leaves 0:05 and arrives 7:05 on the same date. Therefore, the aircraft change on Sept 14 won't affect your travel.

However, your best bet is to call TG to look into the system about the operating aircraft. I don't work for TG and all my information comes from publicly accessible sources and is by no means as accurate as info from internal system.

After getting used to the new seat on 7443/345/346/772, it is hard to go back to the 7442! BTW, your flight looks very full in C and F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.