Wiki Posts
Search

new carryon restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
new carryon restrictions?

Just wondering how Thai Air is handling the new carryon restrictions imposed in the US on lotions, water, etc. Can we still carry on laptops?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:45 pm

Carry-on Restrictions

terryan - Just arrived this morning on the BKK-JFK flight. Starting point of my trip was Chiang Mai with transit through BKK. Are definitely not allowed to carry on anything involving lotions, gels, etc. There were no restrictions on size, amount, etc. of carry-on baggage you could bring. I personally did not have a laptop with me, but believe they were letting people carry such items onto the plane.

Only added security I could detect was that at the gate in BKK, every passenger's carry-on luggage was hand searched before they could board the plane. Also, if you were wearing anything other than flip-flops, they made you take off your shoes so that they could examine them. This process went amazingly quickly and smoothly.

During the flight, the crew passed out toothbrushes and toothpaste to everyone; I assume as a compensation for the new restrictions. Also, once we entered US airspace, the captain came on and said that Homeland Security rules forbid passengers from congregating near the toilets and the galley for the remainder of the flight. First time I have ever heard this announcement.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Here is some recent news:
THAI downgrades security vigilance for domestic and int'l flights

The US airspace announcement is rather common on US carriers. I can't remember if I heard it on the TG nonstop, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.