Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
TG917 LHR-BKK Not going Direct

Heads up fro anyone travelling on this flight

TG917 LHR-BKK 2135/1550

now going to be stopping at CPH for refuelling and is now scheduled

TG917 LHR-BKK 2135/1815

dont think thai were gonna inform passengers until check in!!!!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fuel rationing ex-LHR I guess?

http://www.btonline.com/default.asp?...037&SID=604525
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
For how long?

Is this a temporary measure?

I'm flying out on my Honeymoon on 18th March 2006, hope they've stopped doing this by then.......

How much for an upgrade from Y?

Cheers

Benjurs
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by flysas
Heads up fro anyone travelling on this flight

TG917 LHR-BKK 2135/1550

now going to be stopping at CPH for refuelling and is now scheduled

TG917 LHR-BKK 2135/1815

dont think thai were gonna inform passengers until check in!!!!

What is your source for this info? Nothing on Thai website in schedules..

EDIT: Past two days have all arrived around 18:00hrs give or take 20 minutes, and schedule not reflecting new timing-- If they know they should be telling us. Miss yyzlhr's parents flying that flight in two weeks.

Last edited by yyzlhr; Jan 27, 2006 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: ROP GOLD + UA 1K
I have personaly taken this flight and you right there is no notice on the website.

I was very annoied but not a lot you can do about it.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:14 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Due to the big fire near Luton in December, fuel is short at LHR. Several carriers are forced to make refueling stops, SQ makes a refuel stop in FRA for one of the daily LHRSIN services, QF also. Unfortunately until they can repair the pipelines, there will be fuel limits at LHR.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by dh01
Due to the big fire near Luton in December, fuel is short at LHR. Several carriers are forced to make refueling stops, SQ makes a refuel stop in FRA for one of the daily LHRSIN services, QF also. Unfortunately until they can repair the pipelines, there will be fuel limits at LHR.
does anyone know if they fill up the plane with passangers from the stopoverairport ?

Last edited by bertheike; Jan 28, 2006 at 11:37 am
Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
unlikely I think - you have the hassle of loading more bags, processing the new pax etc. If you took new pax at a technically driven fuelstop - then whay not also load some to get off at teh fuelstop - but then this is an extra sector, another 90 mins more cleaning costs for the airline....all very unwanted by those pax who just wanted to fly A to B!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
unlikely I think - you have the hassle of loading more bags, processing the new pax etc. If you took new pax at a technically driven fuelstop - then whay not also load some to get off at teh fuelstop - but then this is an extra sector, another 90 mins more cleaning costs for the airline....all very unwanted by those pax who just wanted to fly A to B!
well, but the time more now is 2h.25m. !!! and CPH is not that far off route from LON ! I would say if they only load up fuel, it takes about 1h. or 1h. - 1h.15m. I had that some times years ago flying charter from DUS-MIA with LTU. They had a fuelstop in Gander, all pax always need to stay in the plane with doors open !!! during the fuel. ( very cold in wintertime, specially in Gander ). And the stop was only around 20-25 minutes, I calculated another 50 minutes for extra start and landing.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold; BA Silver; GF Silver; HH Diamond, SPG Plat; IHG Plat
Anyone have any idea of what the chances for new equipment on the TG917 on 02/02 are? Currently showing as 747 but I have noticed that a few of the 917's recently are the new 744's.

Caledonian
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Caledonian
Anyone have any idea of what the chances for new equipment on the TG917 on 02/02 are? Currently showing as 747 but I have noticed that a few of the 917's recently are the new 744's.

Caledonian

Just asked the same question for march 22nd to TG`s contact e-mail. Not sure if they know any more than we do but was informed that it would be old config.

Geordieflyer
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Benjurs
How much for an upgrade from Y?
Rumor has it that it would cost you about US$350 per person.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
Thanks UA 822

Originally Posted by UA 882
Thank you, so how would one attempt to get this for both of us? at the check in desk? Ticketing desk? or as on onboard purchase as per BA?

Thanks for all your advice!

Cheers

Benjurs
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:14 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by UA 882
From http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news.php

UPGRADING

Passengers can upgrade from Economy to Business or Business to First on a standby basis at check-in, subject to space. The fee charged is 760 USD per person per sector.

For further details contact Thai reservations on 0870 606 0911.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 3:26 pm

Thumbs down And watch out for your baggage

Flew out on TG917 two weeks ago with a connecting flight to Chiang Mai. Was told that I could only be checked in to Bangkok but that the ticket desk would issue a further boarding card for the connecting sector and the bag would be redirected, and there would be the side trip to Copenhagen.

Like an idiot I followed their advice, checking twice on arrival at BKK that the bag was being redirected to CNX and was assured everything would be fine and my luggage was on the flight.

Standing by the carousel I somehow knew by bag was not going to appear, eventually caught up with me the next day. Only consolation was a fellow passenger coming from NYC via London, her bag was still in the UK.

If they rebook your connecting flight make sure they check through your baggage as well - worth asking atthe ticket desk first for the rescheduled connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.