FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   BKK-FRA in F : Old LH vs. New or almost-new TG ? Arrival lounge ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/405665-bkk-fra-f-old-lh-vs-new-almost-new-tg-arrival-lounge.html)

france usa Mar 1, 2005 8:01 am

BKK-FRA in F : Old LH vs. New or almost-new TG ? Arrival lounge ?

I'm flying (evening of march 29 to 30) in F BKK-CDG. I have the choice between LH or TG; which one would you recommend ? I have flown LH F before and find it to be OK for an "old" F class, will TG have the new F on that flight ? For what I understand, there are 3 different F on TG :
- a very old one (BKK-CDG for instance)
- a slightly better one (14 seats)
- and a new one (10 seats) ?
What is the difference between the old one and the 14-seat one ? (the new one being the one we can see on TG website in their powerpoint presentation, I guess).
on that day, which TG F seat will I get ?

--- arrival F lounge in FRA :
Arriving at FRA on TG, do I have access to the new LH F terminal ( I'm connecting on an LH European FLight) ? I know I can access coming from the LH flight, but how about coming with a TG flight ?

Thanks !

spk Mar 1, 2005 8:14 am

Originally Posted by france usa
I'm flying (evening of march 28 to 29) in F BKK-CDG. I have the choice between LH or TG; which one would you recommend ? I have flown LH F before and find it to be OK for an "old" F class, will TG have the new F on that flight ? For what I understand, there are 3 different F on TG :
What is the difference between the old one and the 14-seat one ? (the new one being the one we can see on TG website in their powerpoint presentation, I guess).

Arriving at FRA on TG, do I have access to the new LH F terminal ( I'm connecting on an LH European FLight) ? I know I can access coming from the LH flight, but how about coming with a TG flight ?

Thanks !

The very old version of first class is not flat but only 160 degree recline. The seat pitch is only 62 inch. There is no in-seat personal TV or power supply. It's inferior to LH F except for the great TG cabin crew service.

The 14 seat version is comparable to LH F class. Full flat sleeper. PTV in every seat.

The 10 seat version will most likely blow LH F away. However, crew unfamiliarity with this new config may cause some service glitches. This new config will start serving FRA from March 28 onward every other day.

france usa Mar 1, 2005 8:22 am

Thanks - any idea of which F seat I'll get on March 29 (arr. March 30 ) ? It says "747" on TG website, does this mean 14-seat version ? ...

LH747FTL Mar 1, 2005 8:50 am

Thanks - any idea of which F seat I'll get on March 29 (arr. March 30 ) ? It says "747" on TG website, does this mean 14-seat version ? ...

Yes.

Tim2008 Mar 1, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks !

No access to the F terminal or F lounges. F terminal is only for departing F/HON passengers. F Lounges only for LH passengers.

france usa Mar 1, 2005 12:20 pm

You mean, even if flying in with F LH and connecting in C LH you cannot access the Hon new terminal ?

Always Flyin Mar 1, 2005 12:36 pm

You mean, even if flying in with F LH and connecting in C LH you cannot access the Hon new terminal ?

If you are flying outbound in F from Frankfurt on LH, you can use the LH F Terminal.

If you are connecting from or to an LH F flight at FRA, regardless of what carrier you are connecting to, or you are simply arriving in F on LH in FRA, you can access either of the LH F lounges.

If you have a long enough connection, you can leave airside and go to the LH terminal. I wouldn't bother.

Tim2008 Mar 1, 2005 12:52 pm

If you arrive in C and continue in F you can use the F terminal but not if you arrive in F and depart in C.

france usa Mar 1, 2005 1:39 pm

Seems like your answers are contradictory : according to Always Flyin, if you hold an F ticket and continue on C, you can walk to the Terminal ? they would let you in with an F boarding pass arriving from BKK ?

fm747 Mar 1, 2005 3:36 pm

Seems like your answers are contradictory : according to Always Flyin, if you hold an F ticket and continue on C, you can walk to the Terminal ? they would let you in with an F boarding pass arriving from BKK ?

In Jan I arrived in FRA on the LH flight from BKK in F and had a connection to a LH Europe flight in C. Apprently the rules for the F terminal for transit are:

When you arrive in F and connect in C you cannot use the F terminal, only the new F class lounges. If you arrive in F and continue in F (on LH metal and ticket) then you can use the F terminal for transit.

The new F lounges are very nice, unfortunately the one I visited on that eraly morning (in Halle B) was rather busy. A line of 6 people was waiting for the shower! Needles to say I din't have time. On the up side the lounges have very nice breakfast service and drinks and very helpful and freindly staff.

Always Flyin Mar 1, 2005 5:41 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Under these circumstances, you could use the F lounges in the terminals, but probably not the F Terminal (I haven't tried this, that's why I am unclear). Connecting to an LH F flight, I am certain you could use the F terminal, but again, I wouldn't bother. The lounges are just fine.

bertheike Mar 6, 2005 11:07 am

I'm flying (evening of march 29 to 30) in F BKK-CDG. I have the choice between LH or TG; which one would you recommend ? I have flown LH F before and find it to be OK for an "old" F class, will TG have the new F on that flight ? For what I understand, there are 3 different F on TG :

Thanks !

Just arrived today back from BKK in FRA on TG in F !
14 seats F like usual. Service superior ! Ways ahead of LH !
But I understand OPīs 1.line "I'm flying (evening of march 29 to 30) in F BKK-CDG"
You want to fly BKK-CDG departing TG 930 ? This has F 18 C 62 Y 325 seating ! So no flat bed.
If you come trough FRA both TG 920 / 922 have F 14 C 50 Y 325 seating.
If you change your dates to 28.March or 30. March TG 920 to FRA will have the new F 10 C 40 Y 325 seating

france usa Mar 6, 2005 1:38 pm

- I will be flying evening of March 29 BKK-FRA ( not CDG now, plans have changed) and will be on LH - I traveled (old) F TG once and was not very enthusiastic about the service. I know LH service and find it ok, anyway, not very important - all I'm looking for is a good seat and a good night's sleep. Not really care about food or inflight service in itself.

- Flying on May 3 evening FRA-BKK, in Business, will I get LH new or old C class ? thanks !

lhrpete Mar 6, 2005 1:50 pm

Flying on May 3 evening FRA-BKK, in Business, will I get LH new or old C class ? thanks !

It's old C, rows 1-4 are empty at the moment if you want to book a seat in the front.

france usa Mar 6, 2005 3:19 pm

thanks - how about tg, would that be old or new C seat on FRA BKK on TG 923 May 3 ? Thanks !