Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thai Airways Safety Video

I had an interesting experience flying TG KUL-BKK the other day. I’ve flown TG a few times this year, maybe five times. I usually watch the safety video, it seems like the same one all this year? A male and female flight attendant go through the safety instructions, she speaks Thai and he speaks English. Anyway, I thought that the flight attendant on my recent flight looked familiar, like the one in the video. Of course I would have assumed that they used professional actors, but when I asked him he said yes, that was him in the video. He did say that they dubbed his voice however. I thought that his English was perfect but they used a local Thai newscaster, who lived in the U.S. for a few years, for the voice over.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:50 pm

I had a similar experience when I used to fly AirNZ quite a lot between SYD and the US. And then the same thing also happened on a recent flight with Harmony, a small Vancouver carrier.

I'm a practicing video artist, but I've always had a secret longing to produce an in-flight safety video. Must be fun to shoot in an aircraft, or even a mock-up.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE
OT, really, but my favourite line from the TG video: "Please do not lie on the floor." Makes me smile!
Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:30 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by RevvedUp
OT, really, but my favourite line from the TG video: "Please do not lie on the floor." Makes me smile!
Me and my wife get a kick out of that one as well.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 6:20 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RevvedUp
QF used to announce this as well, at least for one of their flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.