Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade BKK-ATH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM
Upgrade BKK-ATH

I am flying BKK-ATH nonstop round-trip in May and have a coach seat. How do the coach seats and service compared to United or other Int'l carriers? I've never flown Thai.

I read some here about different class configurations on different routes. How would I find out what they are doing on the BKK-ATH flights?

I'd love to be in business class. I am a UA 1K flyer and they tell me I cannot use miles to upgrade on Thai, only UA. Perhaps there is another way? If someone has Thai certificates that I can use, I would be glad to be more than generous with UA north-american upgrades.

My email is my username followed by @yahoo.com

Last edited by ks_8999; Apr 14, 2004 at 8:01 am
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:13 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
Coach service is IMHO way better than UA but, as always, YMMV.

This route is operated by Boeing 747-300 with 3 cabin classes: Royal First, Royal Executive, and Economy.

The only ways that you can guarantee upgrade on TG metal would be using TG ROP miles or TG upgrade certificate. BTW, if you want to trade with someone the TG upgrade cert is way more valueable than UA NA upgrade cert. TG cert is good for 1 roundtrip, 1-class upgrade travel anywhere within TG international route network, from any paid fare. At least you got to offer 2 SWU's to get someone interested, again, IMHO.

Of course, some TG ground staff can be sweet talked into giving you an op-upgrade if the flight is fully or over booked. You can try your chance at the airport. If you're not upgraded by ground staff, most TG inflight managers will not upgrade you on board, usually only the captain can do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.