Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Birthday Gift for Platinum/Gold?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
2022 Birthday Gift for Platinum/Gold?

There were the yearly birthday gifts precovid, usually an award ticket at half mileage...

has anybody heard anything about this year? still existing?

ROP Platinum and ROP Gold hotline seems not to have survived Covid (as there is no response) and TG's communication is even less proactive then before pandemic....
Old May 18, 2022, 9:42 am

I've not seen anything about the 50% mileage fare, but I did notice a new GUP in my account this year, which I have managed to use.
BinSabai and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:18 pm

BinSabai, don't know if this helps you, but I was just scouring the THAI website for award info and found this page...https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...oCovid-19.page

Almost at the bottom of the page is this: Platinum and Gold Awards 2020 / 2021

- Platinum and Gold members who did not yet request the Award 2020, using 50% reduced miles for award ticket redemption on THAI, this right will be extended until 30 June 2022.

*This extension will apply to Platinum and Gold members who attain status by meeting normal criteria or Fast Track conditions of credit card partners only.

- Platinum and Gold members who did not yet request the Award 2021, using 50% reduced miles for award ticket redemption on THAI, this right will be extended until 31 December 2022.

Complimentary Upgrades

- Platinum and Gold members who have the unused expired Complimentary Upgrade in 2020-2021, this benefit will be specially extended subject to validity of your renewed Platinum / Gold cards.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

thanks!
GREAT!
11277m and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Pity my travels plans for 2022 are using my 2020 entitlements, and I have no further opportunity for travel in 2022.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:45 am

On the subject of the Birthday Offer, I asked a few weeks ago if the offer could be used on a round trip booking and Thai-Kiwi confirmed that it could.

In the past I have been able to use it for Europe-BKK-AKL return, total 4 sectors.

Does anyone know if it can still be used for 4 sectors, eg. Europe-BKK-Australia return or Europe-BKK-HKG return? I realise that he pricing would be the sum of all 4 sectors.

Thanks for any info.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: TG Gold
I just noticed that the 50% reduced annual award is mentioned as benefit in the new time for gold sale. Not in the text, but on the graphic. So it must be still available.

Question:
Can the 50% award be only used for the account holder or also for nominees?
How about the Gold Upgrade. Can that be used for others?

And are both options only available for flights that show award availability on TG ROP website or can can also be used for other dates?

Old May 25, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1786771 Gold Upgrade (GUP) is only available for Member. For Econ->Biz GUP, you need to book economy Q class or better (quite expensive these days), and also have J business class available as well for the upgrade to be applied into. I can’t recall the requirements for Biz-First.

(Corrected) The 50% Award can be used by member or Nominee. Just need usual award class availability, and TG effectively just charges 1/2 the usual miles. It can be used at any time in the year.

Just for some history, I recall when the 50% Award was first offered as an unpublished benefit back in 2005/6 as a ‘birthday gift’ that could only be used in birthday month +/- 1 month Thankfully those days are long gone
1786771 likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; May 26, 2022 at 2:24 am
Old May 26, 2022, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
1786771 Gold Upgrade (GUP) is only available for Member. For Econ->Biz GUP, you need to book economy Q class or better (quite expensive these days), and also have J business class available as well for the upgrade to be applied into. I can’t recall the requirements for Biz-First.

Likewise, the 50% Award has only been available to the member, and not nominees. Just need usual award availability, and TG effectively just charges 1/2 the usual miles.

I recall when the 50% Award was first offered as an unpublished benefit in 2005/6 as a ‘birthday gift’ that could only be used in birthday month +/- 1 month
agreed that for upgrade to Biz you need at least Q fare and it's expensive...over 50k THB return to Europe where there are fares below 30k available...
but are you sure on the availabiltiy only for members? I got many times tickets for my wife (as nominee) with 50% awards (by the way the whole year round and not just close to your birthday)

trying to use at the moment my left over PUPs but availability to Europe is not great, even in Sept/Oct...(also for my wife as nominee)
1786771 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:10 am

Here is a link ...https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/bo.../ttg_form.page

So the deal is donate (non-refundable) THB350,000 / USD10,000 / GBP8,000 to get a ROP Gold card, then use that credit to buy flights until the end of 2023.

Bear in mind...THAI reserves the right to change or cancel this TIME TO GOLD package at any time without prior notice.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
agreed that for upgrade to Biz you need at least Q fare and it's expensive...over 50k THB return to Europe where there are fares below 30k available...
but are you sure on the availability only for members? I got many times tickets for my wife (as nominee) with 50% awards (by the way the whole year round and not just close to your birthday)

trying to use at the moment my left over PUPs but availability to Europe is not great, even in Sept/Oct...(also for my wife as nominee)
Oh yes you are quite right! I just checked that I used a 50% redemption for my wife ICN-BKK-ARN return for 65,000 in business class - June 2017.

My comment on the (previous) use in birthday month +/- 1 was just some history of this 'benefit. Certainly it can be used any time.
BinSabai and 1786771 like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:18 am

From the TG website service fees.....https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...ice_Fees.page?

Platinum and Gold:

50% Ticket Redemption Request on THAI*
- For Member Self THB300
- For Award Nominee THB1200

* Effective for award tickets issued 1 September 2019 onwards, applicable to each eligible award entitlement of
valid Platinum and Gold status members.
1786771 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:27 am
Original Poster

I just used my 2 left PUP for two Biz tickets to ZRH for my wife and me....2 Economy tickets in Q class for over 50'000 THB and total 14'000 THB fees for biz tax and "nominee usage fee" (3600 THB!!!) so not really cheap....
mileage tickets for biz: NO availability at all until end of October....
11277m, Thai-Kiwi and 1786771 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.