Search

Seat Selection BKK > FRA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Seat Selection BKK > FRA

Hello,
due to fly later this year on what is probably a 777w
Expert Flyer is showing all middle pairs are currently available except row 22.
So it looks like I can choose any of the other 5 middle pairs that are close together: 11, 14, 16, 18, 20.
Any recommendations or are they all pretty much the same?

I see row 18 is a bulkhead and there are no window seats in this row. Are there any issues I need to be aware of with this other than the standard Expert Flyer comment about proximity to lavatories and galley?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Personal preference, but I would always go for row 11 being the first row in the cabin.
For the others, I do not think there is any material difference. between them.
Aston100 and BinSabai like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Personal preference, but I would always go for row 11 being the first row in the cabin.
For the others, I do not think there is any material difference. between them.
Thank you.
Any opinion on row 18? There are no window seats in that aisle, so I wonder if there are toilets next to both of the centre pair seats in that row?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aston100
Thank you.
Any opinion on row 18? There are no window seats in that aisle, so I wonder if there are toilets next to both of the centre pair seats in that row?
Sorry, cannot help on that - I am never that far back, as per personal preference But maybe the TG seat maps could help on identifying that?

Last edited by SKT-DK; Mar 2, 2022 at 7:46 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The front toilet is just behind the cockpit (so you pass the curtain and the front galley to get to it, so not an issue if in row 11) and 2 toilets at the rear galley in the C/J section of the aircraft.

Row 18 is the last row in the front C/J before the mid galley? As I recall it the rear toilets are not next to the last row of seats in the front cabin (but behind it). Really not an issue IMO.
Aston100 likes this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 2, 2022 at 11:14 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The front toilet is just behind the cockpit (so you pass the curtain and the front galley to get to it, so not an issue if in row 11) and 2 toilets at the rear galley in the C/J section of the aircraft.

Row 18 is the last row in the front C/J before the mid galley? As I recall it the rear toilets are not next to the last row of seats in the front cabin (but behind it). Really not an issue IMO.
I managed to find a video review. With careful pausing I was able to work out that there are no toilets interfering with row 18.
Row 18 is the first row in the rear business class cabin on the 777w. Has just 2 seats, a middle pair that are close together,
Looks like when you board, the toilet is to your left (galley right ahead of you) and you turn right into the smaller cabin and row 18 is just 2 seats, on your left as you enter this cabin. Being a bulkhead row, I think the seats looked like they had some extra legroom, or width for your feet anyway.

So, unless I've missed something, it sounds like row 18 is perfect for us.
Happy to hear otherwise, as I've not actually been onboard a Thai plane before!

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
I managed to find a video review. With careful pausing I was able to work out that there are no toilets interfering with row 18.
Row 18 is the first row in the rear business class cabin on the 777w. Has just 2 seats, a middle pair that are close together,
Looks like when you board, the toilet is to your left (galley right ahead of you) and you turn right into the smaller cabin and row 18 is just 2 seats, on your left as you enter this cabin. Being a bulkhead row, I think the seats looked like they had some extra legroom, or width for your feet anyway.

So, unless I've missed something, it sounds like row 18 is perfect for us.
Happy to hear otherwise, as I've not actually been onboard a Thai plane before!

Thanks.
Seat map is extremely easy to find on TG website and elsewhere. If you are happy to sit adjacent to/behind the galley with the associated noise including of cabin crew talking choose the seats. I would avoid the seats. However, possible positive is that the rear cabin is not in my experience as full as the front cabin, if the flight is not full.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Aston100 I have never sat in the rear biz cabin, preferring one of the mid-forward windows if solo, or one of the centre couple-pods if with Mrs TK.

Note the seat staggering scheme means that some window seats are right next to the window with a tiny table aisle-side, and other window seats are further from the window with the small table between you and window. I much prefer the privacy of the real window seat!

IMHO best solo seats are in order of preference12A/K, 15A/K. Probably then 19A/K and 21A/K. After that it becomes a coin toss. The B/D/G/J seats are quite exposed to aisle traffic.

Beat couple seats in preference are 14E/F, 16E/F, then 18E/F, 11E/F and last 22E/F

We prefer to be away from galley due to kitchen noise, foot traffic and light intrusion. Mid-cabin is much better for us - but each to their own!

Aston100 likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 3, 2022 at 2:18 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Thai-Kiwi Thank you for the input.
Does the rear business cabin get served meals last, or is it at same time as the forward cabin?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:19 am

Thai-Kiwi Thank you for the input.
Does the rear business cabin get served meals last, or is it at same time as the forward cabin?
My most recent experience is that they serve the left aisle first, then the right - which is absurd when travelling together in the middle pair and the person on the left aisle effectively is done with their meal before the partner on the right side gets served (this happened on our last two flights even despite asking to be served at the same time to be able to dine together...)
Aston100 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Left gets priority for boarding, exiting and use of toilets, but for the latter swapping seats is sometimes successful.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:47 am
Original Poster

I've booked centre seats in row 11.
Thanks for the input everyone.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.