Wiki Posts
Search

United MileagePlus Flight Credit.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
United MileagePlus Flight Credit.

Anyone had problems with United Mileageplus flight credit?

I flew LHR BKK on Dec21. When I booked the flight it wouldn't accept my Mileageplus number, so I had the agent enter it at checkin.

My boarding pass has the United member number on it.

When I looked at my United account there was no credit. When I submitted a claim online the response was:
"Denied. Our records indicate that mileage for this flight has already been credited to another airline’s frequent flyer program. Therefore, this flight is ineligible for MileagePlus credit."

Any ideas?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Perhaps better to be posted on the UA forum?

Were there any other FF#s entered into the booking at any stage, that were subsequently changed to the UA number? Staff may have screwed up the entry somehow, but that seems unlikely if your BP displays your number and status correctly.

This might be relevant to your case. The system holds 2 fields for FF#s;

FQTV (Frequent Flyer Traveller) this is the program where mileage accrues and is the default

FQTS (Frequent Flyer Status) a second program can be entered here to capture status. Useful when holding higher status on program B and wanting to accumulate to program A

If entered correctly, this should allow one to earn into the program entered into FQTV, whilst recognising the benefits of the (higher) status of the program entered into FQTS.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 4, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Do you have any other *A memberships that this could have posted to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.