Wiki Posts
Search

TG Award Availability to/from Australia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity
TG Award Availability to/from Australia

Has anyone had any luck with TG J award luck with LifeMiles or MileagePlus to/from Sydney? Looking for June 2022 and only economy is showing.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Haha very optimistic! If I were you, the questions to ask first would be "is TG flying to Australia in 2022" and "will Australia re-open in 2022"
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity
Daily ex SYD from 17 November!
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...huket-stopover
BinSabai and SKT-DK like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:27 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Most airlines have failed to load premium inventory to and from Australia, with the exception of QF.

There’s also an incredible amount of partner award blocking like never before.

I font expect it to return until flight caps are removed and the border actually opens.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Most airlines have failed to load premium inventory to and from Australia, with the exception of QF.

There’s also an incredible amount of partner award blocking like never before.

I font expect it to return until flight caps are removed and the border actually opens.
NH, OZ, SQ, CX, QR, JL and EY all loaded premium inventory before, and alongside, QF. TG is absent for the moment. Perhaps with their cost restructuring they won't offer as many award going forward?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:33 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
NH, OZ, SQ, CX, QR, JL and EY all loaded premium inventory before, and alongside, QF. TG is absent for the moment. Perhaps with their cost restructuring they won't offer as many award going forward?
You won’t find any EK, QR, BA or much QF Premium inventory in or out of Australia well into 2022.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won’t find any EK, QR, BA or much QF Premium inventory in or out of Australia well into 2022.
I think most of it has gone. QR and QF was there but has been snapped up. The other airlines I mentioned were/are all available to certain degrees, but speculative bookings before the official border opening announcement was key. TG has released nothing so far, although there was some biz class released for a short period for BKK-PER for 2022.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:59 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

I think most of it has gone. QR and QF was there but has been snapped up. The other airlines I mentioned were/are all available to certain degrees, but speculative bookings before the official border opening announcement was key. TG has released nothing so far, although there was some biz class released for a short period for BKK-PER for 2022.
I've been search every day and have EF alerts setup.

I managed to book some EK F two months ago. The nest day and ever since they have disappeared. EK four on FT confirms EK call centre say all EK premium awards to and from Australia are blocked.

QF released some around their announcement of award seats but just as quickly disappeared.

I can't see any QR to and from Australia, only AKL.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been search every day and have EF alerts setup.

I managed to book some EK F two months ago. The nest day and ever since they have disappeared. EK four on FT confirms EK call centre say all EK premium awards to and from Australia are blocked.

QF released some around their announcement of award seats but just as quickly disappeared.

I can't see any QR to and from Australia, only AKL.
Accept that - but EK isn't 'most major airlines'. The list of those with availability was pretty comprehensive. SQ has joined the list too with plenty of availability.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Checking both MileagePlus (United) and LifeMiles (Avianca) shows only 4 Award seats and only then in Economy on any particular day between Sydney & Bangkok in either direction. My (possibly faulty) recollection pre-COVID was that they often released Business inventory only much closer to the date of travel. If however you want to fly out of Sydney on 26 March there's inventory showing on MileagePlus. Maybe it's the last day on the interim schedule before the regular schedule kicks in (speculation)
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Checking both MileagePlus (United) and LifeMiles (Avianca) shows only 4 Award seats and only then in Economy on any particular day between Sydney & Bangkok in either direction. My (possibly faulty) recollection pre-COVID was that they often released Business inventory only much closer to the date of travel. If however you want to fly out of Sydney on 26 March there's inventory showing on MileagePlus. Maybe it's the last day on the interim schedule before the regular schedule kicks in (speculation)
Pre-covid TG used to release inventory in batches... usually 2-4 seats when flights were loaded, and then more seats in batches of 2 until they'd exhausted the award allocation. They'd often open up more seats close to departure if the cabin wasn't full yet. Not uncommon to see something like F2A2O2 the day prior to departure SYD-BKK and again BKK-Europe.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:57 pm

Pre-covid TG used to release inventory in batches... usually 2-4 seats when flights were loaded, and then more seats in batches of 2 until they'd exhausted the award allocation. They'd often open up more seats close to departure if the cabin wasn't full yet. Not uncommon to see something like F2A2O2 the day prior to departure SYD-BKK and again BKK-Europe.
Thanks. Is there a site or an App which shows seat availability generally (not award availability)? I seem to recall one back in the dim distant past when we could all travel
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Expert Flyer (but you need to pay for access)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
This seems to be a *A-wide problem at the moment. I've been searching for two business redemptions from SYD to Stockholm in April May next year. NH has some availability - but only one seat per flight. I believe additional seats are allocated closed to flight date.

Economy is much more open but unfortunately that doesn't meet my needs.

Good luck.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:26 pm

I can't imagine TG will be releasing much while Fly'N'Go remains suspended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.