Wiki Posts
Search

ROP Card issue

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
ROP Card issue

My rop status expired in November 2020 and I have re qualified with extra GUPs My renewed status shows on my ROP online account but I have not yet received a new card. With flights opening up with our Aussie cousins, we are thinking of traveling again. Will the Air NZ system recognise the updated status without a card? Has anyone else received or not received a card?
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
they did not issue any new cards since the pandemic started, even for Platinum members living in Thailand (like me) even after follow up with them.
They advised to download TG app, log in and there member card and status will be shown (which I did)
Old Apr 18, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
My rop status expired in November 2020 and I have re qualified with extra GUPs My renewed status shows on my ROP online account but I have not yet received a new card. With flights opening up with our Aussie cousins, we are thinking of traveling again. Will the Air NZ system recognise the updated status without a card? Has anyone else received or not received a card?

AirNZ has no issues with not having a physical ROP card. My status renews on 30 Dec 2020, so all looks good for another 2 years...

The only issue is that AirNZ insists that if you want *G benefits, you must accrue to ROP and not to AirPoints.

I have tried insisting this is not in accord with *A rules, and that showing my physical ROP Gold card is sufficient to gain lounge access.... but have failed

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 18, 2021 at 11:23 pm
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by BinSabai
they did not issue any new cards since the pandemic started, even for Platinum members living in Thailand (like me) even after follow up with them.
They advised to download TG app, log in and there member card and status will be shown (which I did)
I just did that and have the updated card on my phone, should be fine now. Thanks
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I just did that and have the updated card on my phone, should be fine now. Thanks
you are welcome!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Flyingbiker I just replied to your PM of early Jan. Sorry I overlooked it.

For those watching TG closely, any assessment whether or not TG might ever return to New Zealand? Even on a 3x weekly or via Australia per 80s and 90s?

A few of us here in NZ with ‘frozen’ tickets wonder how we we could ever use our flights. Could TG approve sending us on AirNZ from AKL to connect onto a TG flight in SYD/MEL/BNE? Is that a pipedream?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Flyingbiker I just replied to your PM of early Jan. Sorry I overlooked it.

For those watching TG closely, any assessment whether or not TG might ever return to New Zealand? Even on a 3x weekly or via Australia per 80s and 90s?

A few of us here in NZ with ‘frozen’ tickets wonder how we we could ever use our flights. Could TG approve sending us on AirNZ from AKL to connect onto a TG flight in SYD/MEL/BNE? Is that a pipedream?
To be brutally honest, I think what TG is doing is anybody’s guess They even have award inventory on sale but you cannot book it unless 60 days out (I had a boat load of SK points expiring and wanted to book a trip back home for the two of us in summer when hopefully things are more normal, only to find mai dai…). So we ended up with an LX/OS combo indirect :/
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The only issue is that AirNZ insists that if you want *G benefits, you must accrue to ROP and not to AirPoints.

I have tried insisting this is not in accord with *A rules, and that showing my physical ROP Gold card is sufficient to gain lounge access.... but have failed
When something with a similar effect has happened to me (clueless check-in staff did not know how to process me for *G benefits while accruing miles on non-*G account, so forced me to check-in with the *G FF number), I had it changed back to what I wanted later by the gate agent without any problems. If you wanted to be funny and had some extra minutes I guess you could ask the lounge attendants to change it back as you exit the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.