ROP 50% redemption discount 2021

Old Jan 3, 21, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold
ROP 50% redemption discount 2021

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2021 will be a better one for all travelling folks.

I am just wondering if anyone thinks we will still enjoy the 50% redemption discount in 2021 for ROP Gold / Platinum members.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 5, 21, 3:54 am

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by anaidross
Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2021 will be a better one for all travelling folks.

I am just wondering if anyone thinks we will still enjoy the 50% redemption discount in 2021 for ROP Gold / Platinum members.
HNY all.

I sincerely hope so, but do remember this was (is still?) an unpublished benefit to TG*G/P members.

Indeed, when first introduced it was a birthday gift that had to be used in your birthday month (+/-1 month). That was quite limiting.
Old Jan 10, 21, 5:51 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
So how do you calculate a 50% discount on nothing?
Old Jan 12, 21, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold
Given Thai's current financial situation and that the discount is an unwritten benefit, my guess being that the discount will be discontinued in 2021. Should it really be discontinued, then ROP redemption rate will not be attractive anymore.
Old Jan 12, 21, 11:15 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
speculation...
I could not use mine last year...
Old Jan 13, 21, 1:52 am

I had used mine on AKL-BKK-AKL Q->J, but the flights cancelled.

I did take up the option for 'open dated' tickets to preserve the Upgrade - the open date is until December 2021. That seemed a better option than going into the queue for a refund. The tix were Q so fully refundable less $US 60. I will be interested to see how things look in October...
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 13, 21 at 9:28 pm
Old Jan 13, 21, 9:23 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I'm not too sure that points in my ROP account will have too much value and I have a couple of open dated tickets AKL LHR in J on hold until 12/21 two on points and one upgrade. As Thai-Kiwi says, it will be interesting to see if they fly again and if we even want to fly. NZ is feeling pretty comfortable at the moment, that's for sure.
Thai-Kiwi and BinSabai like this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 3:10 am

If we still have miles in the ROP account, will it get affected in any way due to TG's current restructuring process?
Old Apr 7, 21, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by alph4tang0
If we still have miles in the ROP account, will it get affected in any way due to TG's current restructuring process?
Who knows. I think Miles might be safe if the restructuring is not too severe, but the cost of redemptions can always be devalued to reduce the debt on the books that Miles represent.
Old Apr 7, 21, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Who knows. I think Miles might be safe if the restructuring is not too severe, but the cost of redemptions can always be devalued to reduce the debt on the books that Miles represent.
On all airlines, FFPs never "devalue", they "enhance".
Thai-Kiwi and andyptrav like this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 9:01 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
On all airlines, FFPs never "devalue", they "enhance".

I have one return ticket BKK Europe in Biz with upgrade to F (had to buy early, otherwise P upgrade expired) and one ticket with a leg not yet flown within Asia
and around 300'000 miles

I just keep my expectations for a recovery low...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.