Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai extends all memberships due to covid-19

Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:41 am
Original Poster

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...ge-status.page

By two years even. Thai are late to join the race, but two years is more than I've seen from most (all?) others.

Says it will be automatic and no action needs to be taken, but my gold expired a couple of months ago, and I was currently listed as silver. After I emailed ropgold, they fixed it by next day. Kindly enough. they added two years from the day they fixed it, rather than from the date my gold had expired.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:39 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I assume 2 years because that is the membership status period.
Their IT would likely complicate anything less.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...ge-status.page

By two years even. Thai are late to join the race, but two years is more than I've seen from most (all?) others.

Says it will be automatic and no action needs to be taken, but my gold expired a couple of months ago, and I was currently listed as silver. After I emailed ropgold, they fixed it by next day. Kindly enough. they added two years from the day they fixed it, rather than from the date my gold had expired.
Some people get a one year extension.

" For Gold and Platinum members whose status will expire during 1 January – 31 December 2021, validity of your tier status will be specially extended for 1 year after the current expiry date."
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Some people get a one year extension.

" For Gold and Platinum members whose status will expire during 1 January – 31 December 2021, validity of your tier status will be specially extended for 1 year after the current expiry date."
and some people get nothing.

My status will roll over in Dec 20 for another 2 years anyway as I have already requalified in 2019 for period 31 Dec 20 through 31 Dec 22.

Shouldn’t have tried so hard to plan out requalification requirements lol
Old Nov 15, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
did you guys get new membership cards?

my Platinum card expired in july 2020. I did not get any new one...
as TG is not flying, I have to take other carriers and how can I prove status with an expired membership card...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Use the Thai airways app. Sometimes a screenshot of the membership card (from the Thai airways website/app) is enough, sometimes they insist on seeing it "live" in the app itself.
royng likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Use the Thai airways app. Sometimes a screenshot of the membership card (from the Thai airways website/app) is enough, sometimes they insist on seeing it "live" in the app itself.
thanks! you mean the digital version is enough even in lounges in the bureaucratic Europe and USA....?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks! you mean the digital version is enough even in lounges in the bureaucratic Europe and USA....?
Yes.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did you guys get new membership cards?

my Platinum card expired in july 2020. I did not get any new one...
as TG is not flying, I have to take other carriers and how can I prove status with an expired membership card...
BinSabai Good to hear from you
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
BinSabai Good to hear from you
still alive, indeed, but not flying so extensively anymore as early retired and now due to Covid...hope you are fine!
Thai-Kiwi and royng like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well NZ has closed the door to only citizens/perm residents (and a handful of essential workers) and so far every person must still do 2 weeks quarantine in govt facilities (4-5 * hotels). Some need to pay the cost of $3000, and especially if I wanted a vacation in Australia I must pay on return - so quite a disincentive for travel at present: Aussie does allow us to arrive there with no quarantine needed, but costly to return.

I suppose this is our Government’s ‘elimination‘ strategy, even if the rest of the world has a ‘suppress’ strategy to varying degrees. We are lucky to be far from others - even Australia is 2000km distant.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:33 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
still alive, indeed, but not flying so extensively anymore as early retired and now due to Covid...hope you are fine!
Good to see you @BinSabai.....you and ThaiKiwi are the two names I associate with TG forum
BinSabai and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by royng
Good to see you @BinSabai.....you and ThaiKiwi are the two names I associate with TG forum
thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:01 am

I asked Platinum service for new membership card and got following answer:

Dear BinSabaiFor membership card, we regret that the card production is temporarily suspension.

Once the normal card process is back to normal, we will send membership card to you as soon as possible.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

in the meanwhile, I did as recommended by eqeqeqx and download the TG App where there is a digital membercard
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.