FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Frankfurt to Bangkok in November (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/2015233-frankfurt-bangkok-november.html)

DENG68 Apr 6, 2020 9:43 pm

Frankfurt to Bangkok in November

I changed 2 weeks before my flight from May to November, because Thaiairways have cancelled my flight in May. I received my new ticket the same day. But yesterday i checked my booking on thaiairways.com.
And now is all red.
Your attention is needed. Suvarnabhumi International Airport BKK might be disrupted on your travel dates.We encourage you to modify your booking. Flight suggested to be changed.

Does anyone know what that means ?

Thai-Kiwi Apr 7, 2020 2:35 am

Originally Posted by DENG68 (Post 32271365)
I changed 2 weeks before my flight from May to November, because Thaiairways have cancelled my flight in May. I received my new ticket the same day. But yesterday i checked my booking on thaiairways.com.
And now is all red.
Your attention is needed. Suvarnabhumi International Airport BKK might be disrupted on your travel dates.We encourage you to modify your booking. Flight suggested to be changed.

Can you say the exact date?

Creole Spirit Apr 7, 2020 3:09 am

Originally Posted by DENG68 (Post 32271365)
And now is all red.

I would assume that this message has automatically been created but still with refernce to your original travel dates....computer-problems.... which can happen...

By-the-way: I found this information this morning:
"The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand [CAAT] has extended its temporary ban on international passenger flights into and out of the country until 2359 local time on Saturday April 18, 2020. The ban, in place since April 3, does not apply to military or emergency aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights, repatriation flights and cargo flights, the CAAT said on its website"

I had never understood till now that Thai airports have been officially closed since 3rd April for regular commercial passenger flights - thus it wasn't all TG's own decision to disrupt all flights?

DENG68 Apr 7, 2020 3:59 am

22. november frankfurt to bangkok
06. december bangkok to frankfurt

ahopkins767 Apr 14, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by DENG68 (Post 32271899)
22. november frankfurt to bangkok
06. december bangkok to frankfurt

Ignore the message - it will refer to now. You will be best checking again in October.