TG schedule reductions?

Old Mar 22, 20, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
TG schedule reductions?

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere. Are there any threads on recent cuts/reductions to TG's flight schedules?

Pretty much all airlines around the world have cut their schedules (except for those that have shut down completely). Surely TG is reducing service in light of the massive drop in demand for air service, no? Where can I see which flights are still going and still planned for the next few weeks?

(And no, I'm not planning a vacation in Thailand right now. I'm trying to help a Thai national get home from the USA and looking for info on a possible connecting flight from HKG to BKK.)
Old Mar 22, 20, 7:59 pm

Recent (20/3) update here:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...route-20200320
Old Mar 23, 20, 9:19 am

Programs: UA MP Gold
Re. the link above. It appears to give some incorrect info. I'm booked to fly BKK - HAN on March 29, the day when supposedly the schedule changes to once a day:
"Bangkok – Hanoi eff 29MAR20 Reduce from 2 to 1 daily. A330-300 operating"

but the Thai website still shows two flights and neither have I received an email about any changes.

At the same time, no tickets are available until April 1st? Something isn't right.
Old Mar 23, 20, 12:24 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Re. the link above. It appears to give some incorrect info. I'm booked to fly BKK - HAN on March 29, the day when supposedly the schedule changes to once a day:
"Bangkok Hanoi eff 29MAR20 Reduce from 2 to 1 daily. A330-300 operating"

but the Thai website still shows two flights and neither have I received an email about any changes.

At the same time, no tickets are available until April 1st? Something isn't right.
there was information listed, but this now appears to be an updated online schedule.

Have you used : https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/...ronavirus.page

Old Mar 23, 20, 2:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I received flight cancellation emails last night for Thailand-Australia travel booked for May and June
bakaneko85 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:21 pm

Thai-Kiwi, yes I have and what you posted here shows a morning and the 17:50 flight, i.e. two flights per day, which is what I said.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:49 am

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by RTWFF View Post
I received flight cancellation emails last night for Thailand-Australia travel booked for May and June
I received a cancellation email for TG operated BKK-KTM flights scheduled for June and July 😯 Since June/ July are so far away any chance this route will be reinstated at a later date?
Old Mar 24, 20, 12:19 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Thai-Kiwi, yes I have and what you posted here shows a morning and the 17:50 flight, i.e. two flights per day, which is what I said.
No worries. Was just trying to point to an alternative info source from THAI other than the booking engine.

Hope you get some clarity soon.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
I received a cancellation email for TG operated BKK-KTM flights scheduled for June and July 😯 Since June/ July are so far away any chance this route will be reinstated at a later date?
I checked my crystal balls (both of them) but couldn't get an answer
Old Mar 24, 20, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THAI grounds flights until May (31 May)

BANGKOK, 25 March 2020: Thai Airways International will ground all services in Asia, 25 March, followed by Australia on 27 March and Europe
on 1 April, the airline announced Tuesday evening.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/...hts-until-may/

Hopefully, that source is accurate and reliable. Couldn't find anything local, in English, up to date elsewhere yet.

PM declared State of Emergency yesterday, invoking a 2005 "Act" (signed by Thaksin no less) effective 26 March. Still waiting for details on that one.
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:48 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by transpac View Post
THAI grounds flights until May (31 May)

BANGKOK, 25 March 2020: Thai Airways International will ground all services in Asia, 25 March, followed by Australia on 27 March and Europe
on 1 April, the airline announced Tuesday evening.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/...hts-until-may/

Hopefully, that source is accurate and reliable. Couldn't find anything local, in English, up to date elsewhere yet.

PM declared State of Emergency yesterday, invoking a 2005 "Act" (signed by Thaksin no less) effective 26 March. Still waiting for details on that one.
This is accurate. They will cancel most of their flights except for Munich and Zurich routes which they will operate 2 flights/week (maybe change later). Cargo flights and chartered flights are still operated if it has a demand.
Old Mar 25, 20, 8:24 am

I knew they weren't going to have two BKK - HAN flights this Sunday

I just wish they had communicated that decision a bit sooner.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: