TG schedule reductions?

Old Mar 22, 20, 6:37 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Northwest, United
Posts: 2,950
TG schedule reductions?

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere. Are there any threads on recent cuts/reductions to TG's flight schedules?

Pretty much all airlines around the world have cut their schedules (except for those that have shut down completely). Surely TG is reducing service in light of the massive drop in demand for air service, no? Where can I see which flights are still going and still planned for the next few weeks?

(And no, I'm not planning a vacation in Thailand right now. I'm trying to help a Thai national get home from the USA and looking for info on a possible connecting flight from HKG to BKK.)
nwflyboy is offline  
Old Mar 22, 20, 7:59 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 478
Recent (20/3) update here:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...route-20200320
DH188 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 20, 9:19 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Cambodia
Programs: UA MP Gold
Posts: 178
Re. the link above. It appears to give some incorrect info. I'm booked to fly BKK - HAN on March 29, the day when supposedly the schedule changes to once a day:
"Bangkok – Hanoi eff 29MAR20 Reduce from 2 to 1 daily. A330-300 operating"

but the Thai website still shows two flights and neither have I received an email about any changes.


At the same time, no tickets are available until April 1st? Something isn't right.
Freebird is offline  
Old Mar 23, 20, 12:24 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,683
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Re. the link above. It appears to give some incorrect info. I'm booked to fly BKK - HAN on March 29, the day when supposedly the schedule changes to once a day:
"Bangkok Hanoi eff 29MAR20 Reduce from 2 to 1 daily. A330-300 operating"

but the Thai website still shows two flights and neither have I received an email about any changes.


At the same time, no tickets are available until April 1st? Something isn't right.
there was information listed, but this now appears to be an updated online schedule.

Have you used : https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/...ronavirus.page


Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Mar 23, 20, 2:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Posts: 1,455
I received flight cancellation emails last night for Thailand-Australia travel booked for May and June
bakaneko85 likes this.
RTWFF is offline  
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:21 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Cambodia
Programs: UA MP Gold
Posts: 178
Thai-Kiwi, yes I have and what you posted here shows a morning and the 17:50 flight, i.e. two flights per day, which is what I said.
Freebird is offline  
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:49 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JGC premier
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by RTWFF View Post
I received flight cancellation emails last night for Thailand-Australia travel booked for May and June
I received a cancellation email for TG operated BKK-KTM flights scheduled for June and July 😯 Since June/ July are so far away any chance this route will be reinstated at a later date?
bakaneko85 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 20, 12:19 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,683
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
Thai-Kiwi, yes I have and what you posted here shows a morning and the 17:50 flight, i.e. two flights per day, which is what I said.
No worries. Was just trying to point to an alternative info source from THAI other than the booking engine.

Hope you get some clarity soon.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Posts: 1,455
Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
I received a cancellation email for TG operated BKK-KTM flights scheduled for June and July 😯 Since June/ July are so far away any chance this route will be reinstated at a later date?
I checked my crystal balls (both of them) but couldn't get an answer
RTWFF is offline  
Old Mar 24, 20, 6:15 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,759
THAI grounds flights until May (31 May)

BANGKOK, 25 March 2020: Thai Airways International will ground all services in Asia, 25 March, followed by Australia on 27 March and Europe
on 1 April, the airline announced Tuesday evening.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/...hts-until-may/



Hopefully, that source is accurate and reliable. Couldn't find anything local, in English, up to date elsewhere yet.

PM declared State of Emergency yesterday, invoking a 2005 "Act" (signed by Thaksin no less) effective 26 March. Still waiting for details on that one.
transpac is offline  
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:48 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Programs: ROP
Posts: 467
Originally Posted by transpac View Post
THAI grounds flights until May (31 May)

BANGKOK, 25 March 2020: Thai Airways International will ground all services in Asia, 25 March, followed by Australia on 27 March and Europe
on 1 April, the airline announced Tuesday evening.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/...hts-until-may/



Hopefully, that source is accurate and reliable. Couldn't find anything local, in English, up to date elsewhere yet.

PM declared State of Emergency yesterday, invoking a 2005 "Act" (signed by Thaksin no less) effective 26 March. Still waiting for details on that one.
This is accurate. They will cancel most of their flights except for Munich and Zurich routes which they will operate 2 flights/week (maybe change later). Cargo flights and chartered flights are still operated if it has a demand.
joy16 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 20, 8:24 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Cambodia
Programs: UA MP Gold
Posts: 178
I knew they weren't going to have two BKK - HAN flights this Sunday

I just wish they had communicated that decision a bit sooner.
Freebird is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: