FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   THAI Boarding Requirements (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/2013839-thai-boarding-requirements.html)

rtwer Mar 21, 2020 8:01 am

THAI Boarding Requirements

20 March 2020

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) announced that effective from 22nd March (00:00 Thailand local time), Thailand will introduce additional screening measures for passengers flying to/from Thailand. Please be aware that this applies for all passengers entering Thailand, including passengers who will be transiting through Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). All airlines into Thailand are required to follow the guidelines as set by the CAAT:

1. Foreign Nationals

Upon check-in they will be required to present the following:

• Health certificate certifying of the passenger’s ‘pose no risk of being infected by the Corona virus disease (COVID-19)’. Issued no more than 72 hours prior to the travel date.

• Health insurance/ health insurance policy that shows minimum coverage of USD100,000 in Thailand and covers the COVID-19 disease.

Note: If the passenger is unable to present the required above documents, THAI will not be able to issue a boarding pass and boarding shall be denied.

Upon receiving the boarding pass:

Passengers must provide the address in Thailand on the T8 Form or the ‘AOT Airport of Thailand’ application.

Entry in Thailand (passengers’ duty)

Present to the communicable disease control official the following:

• Health certificate/ Health policy

• Completed T8 Form ‘AOT Airport of Thailand’ application

Passengers may be subject to isolation, quarantine, under observation, or any other measures for the prevention and control communicable diseases.

2. Thai National to Thailand

Upon check-in they will be required to present the following:

• Health certificate confirming that the passenger is ‘ Fit to Fly’

• Letter issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consulate Office or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom on Thailand, certifying the passenger is a Thai National returning to Thailand.

Please Note:

If the passenger is unable to present the required above documents, THAI will not be able to issue a boarding pass and boarding shall be denied.

Upon Receiving the boarding pass:

Passengers must provide the address in Thailand on the T8 Form or/in ‘AOT Airport of Thailand’ application.

Entry in Thailand (passengers duty)

• Present T8 Form or ‘AOT Airport of Thailand’, application to the communicable disease control official

• Subject to isolation, quarantine, under observation, or any other measures for the prevention and control of communication diseases.

Failure to meet these requirements will mean passengers are not permitted to board their flight.

andyptrav Mar 21, 2020 7:20 pm

Yes I saw that too and concluded it was designed to close the borders to foreigners.

In the UK any travel insurance is almost impossible to obtain, the big players such as The Post Office are not issuing any new policies. No company is going to insure anyone for Covid 19 at US$100,000. Existing annual policies may cover you but it depends on the small print, they normally exclude cover when HM gov advises against all but essential travel but I suppose check-in will not know that.

I think the wording by Thai Air "pose no risk of being infected by the Corona virus" is not what the government decreed as obviously no person can meet that requirement. Elsewhere I read that the medical certificate needed to state "free of Corona" No UK doctor is going to waste a Covid test on anyone not very ill and even then a negative test would not guarentee you to be free of Corona and doctors are very careful about what they will write.

And good luck to a Thai national finding a UK doctor with time to issue a fit to fly certificate and surely possession of a Thai passport would be sufficient evidence of being a Thai national. Even for Thais the London Embassy treats them with disdain and a Thai without "influence" would likely wait a week or more for them to look at their Thai passport and conclude they are Thai.

No one can meet these requirements, yet Thai Air are still running 2 flights a day to London until the end of March. TG910 and TG917 are in the air now, who will be on TG911/TG917 today, tomorrow etc.

I am a UK citizen in Thailand with a long stay visa but I am now trapped here.

SKT-DK Mar 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by andyptrav (Post 32216757)
I am a UK citizen in Thailand with a long stay visa but I am now trapped here.

That is exactly the situation and I am in it too - EU citizen living and working in Thailand. If we leave, we can’t come back (that is if it is even possible to enter any other country), so yes - trapped sums it up ...

maerim Mar 21, 2020 10:59 pm

I am guessing but a reason to maintain flights to and from London is to take Thai students back to Thailand and if correct in my opinion that's a good enough reason. A friend of ours has bought 3 tickets so far for her son to return to Bangkok, but all wasted due to having to comply with the new requirements.

If anyone has any experience of travelling back to Thailand and complying with requirements in OP then I would appreciate knowing as I would like to return home to Thailand

rtwer Mar 22, 2020 3:10 am

yes expect near empty a380s.

"Thai Embassy London as Thais have to abandon social distancing and risk infection in order to get a new letter now required before they can come home."

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bd8625476.jpeg

"Many stranded by drastic measures"
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...asure#cxrecs_s

chris63 Mar 22, 2020 9:13 am

The new requirements are from very difficult to meet to impossible & since the Virus is already well established in Thailand one wonders why they make a difficult situation for people infinitely worse.

Good luck to all those affected & trapped !

joy16 Mar 23, 2020 4:07 am

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 32217270)
I am guessing but a reason to maintain flights to and from London is to take Thai students back to Thailand and if correct in my opinion that's a good enough reason. A friend of ours has bought 3 tickets so far for her son to return to Bangkok, but all wasted due to having to comply with the new requirements.

If anyone has any experience of travelling back to Thailand and complying with requirements in OP then I would appreciate knowing as I would like to return home to Thailand

I expect that you are Thai and can read Thai so, below is the advisory from Thai Embassy in London. Hope this help.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8e7bfd1d61.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a0b27c18b4.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f7d0322549.jpg

andyptrav Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am

The Thai Embassy has a doctor at Heathrow for Thai nationals to obtain the medical certificate so that all Thai students can return home. I wonder if those queuing at the London Embassy were told that or only the children of the elite. I can't read Thai beyond the most basic so can't tell from the above post.

Emirates have shut down, SQ is 96% shutdown, EVA no LHR flights and the latest is no London flights for TG April and May. Down from the previous proposal of 3 flights a week.

joy16 Mar 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by andyptrav (Post 32222878)
The Thai Embassy has a doctor at Heathrow for Thai nationals to obtain the medical certificate so that all Thai students can return home. I wonder if those queuing at the London Embassy were told that or only the children of the elite. I can't read Thai beyond the most basic so can't tell from the above post.

Emirates have shut down, SQ is 96% shutdown, EVA no LHR flights and the latest is no London flights for TG April and May. Down from the previous proposal of 3 flights a week.

No, they don't provide a doctor at the airport, only certified travel document was issued. They announced that the provided doctor cannot issue the fit-to-fly health certificate outside the embassy and after 22 Mar 2020, everyone should contact private GP to obtain health certificate.

Alfie800 Mar 24, 2020 12:27 am

I am waiting to hear from TG, as we boght 2 tkts from Syd to London on the 30th March, but due to the new Thai regulations, we were unable to get the certificate, so we had to cancel the tkt, I hope to get a refund, but not holding my breath for that, unfortunately....

andyptrav Mar 24, 2020 2:58 am

Originally Posted by joy16 (Post 32225044)
No, they don't provide a doctor at the airport, only certified travel document was issued. They announced that the provided doctor cannot issue the fit-to-fly health certificate outside the embassy and after 22 Mar 2020, everyone should contact private GP to obtain health certificate.

I have been told by somone that works for Thai Air in the UK that the Thai Embassy does have a doctor at the airport, I think they would know, where do you get your information from?

joy16 Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am

Originally Posted by andyptrav (Post 32225582)
I have been told by somone that works for Thai Air in the UK that the Thai Embassy does have a doctor at the airport, I think they would know, where do you get your information from?

I get the information from Thai Embassy's announcement and it was mentioned in the announcement (in Thai) that I attached above as well.

SKT-DK Mar 24, 2020 9:39 pm

The news today report that 100 people have already been denied entry to Thailand and have either been deported (majority) or detained. I thought the intention was that airlines should not let people board a flight to Thailand without proper documentation in the first place? :confused:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ry-to-thailand

andyptrav Mar 25, 2020 11:14 am

Originally Posted by joy16 (Post 32226362)
I get the information from Thai Embassy's announcement and it was mentioned in the announcement (in Thai) that I attached above as well.

Ha ha, and you seriously believe the information from a possibly out of date announcement will be more accurate than a first hand reliable witness? I have a bridge to sell you.

Matthew_DC Jul 26, 2020 10:10 pm

Reviving this thread for a tangential question. Looking at booking a flight from DPS>BKK>ZRH (TG & LX, in C) in October, with a layover of about 4 hours in BKK. I'm not a Thai national or Thai resident and I don't want to pass through immigration control in BKK to enter Thailand. Based on the latest available info (if there is any reliable information online), does it appear that a foreigner in this situation will be able to transit through BKK? I know there's the risk that TG will cancel the flight, but I also want to avoid the risk of being denied boarding at DPS because foreigners can't even enter an airport in Thailand for transit. Thanks for any information.