[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Old Apr 29, 20, 5:33 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: KOA
Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,269
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
@Richard1148 and @Pair124124 . How did you seek your refunds? Via the Contact Centre in Bangkok or through your local office?
I sent an email to this address which I found on some blog: [email protected]
The response, however came from this address: [email protected]
Richard1148 is offline  
Old Apr 30, 20, 12:08 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
As a datapoint, I am pleased to say I have got my refund this morning after 6 weeks.
joy16 and narvik like this.
Pair124124 is offline  
Old Apr 30, 20, 3:26 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Originally Posted by Pair124124 View Post
As a datapoint, I am pleased to say I have got my refund this morning after 6 weeks.
Great news. Are you able to share the route and booked departure date? Curious if you were immediately affected or if this was a future booking. Cheers, TK
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Apr 30, 20, 4:04 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Great news. Are you able to share the route and booked departure date? Curious if you were immediately affected or if this was a future booking. Cheers, TK
Hi, it was a multi-city booking in the future. Outbound: LHR TO AKL (16JUN) Return: AKL - BKK (2 weeks in BKK) BKK - LHR

As Thai isnt flying to AKL until 1 JUL they offered to change the date for free and put me in a hotel during the layover on my outbound (as TG917 is not operating until October so they would have to put me on TG911 with a 12H55 layover), however I had to decline as I wouldve missed 6 flights which wouldve been too expensive to change the dates for.
Pair124124 is offline  
Old Apr 30, 20, 5:30 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Originally Posted by Pair124124 View Post
Hi, it was a multi-city booking in the future. Outbound: LHR TO AKL (16JUN) Return: AKL - BKK (2 weeks in BKK) BKK - LHR

As Thai isn’t flying to AKL until 1 JUL they offered to change the date for free and put me in a hotel during the layover on my outbound (as TG917 is not operating until October so they would have to put me on TG911 with a 12H55 layover), however I had to decline as I would’ve missed 6 flights which would’ve been too expensive to change the dates for.
Cheers, similar to my situation paid Q with GUP2 to J AKL-BKK-AKL, with separately ticketed awards nested inside the longhaul for BKK-SIN-BKK and BKK-ICN-BKK.

All schedules have date or time adjustments that don’t suit, hence the refunds....
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old May 13, 20, 7:54 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Refund asked on 31 january, Got a confirmation mail at the end of february that claimed refund will take up to 45 days..
Now in May i got a second mail, that claims refunds take up to 6 months!!! Customer services ignore every Mail, impossible to reach them by phone!! If i dont hear anything from them this month, i will go to lawyer.
Avoid Thai Airways!
allo is offline  
Old May 13, 20, 8:26 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Originally Posted by allo View Post
Refund asked on 31 january, Got a confirmation mail at the end of february that claimed refund will take up to 45 days..
Now in May i got a second mail, that claims refunds take up to 6 months!!! Customer services ignore every Mail, impossible to reach them by phone!! If i dont hear anything from them this month, i will go to lawyer.
Avoid Thai Airways!

If the flight was in the past and cancelled, then maybe you can make a credit card chargeback with your bank.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old May 16, 20, 11:05 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Just considering whether I should refund my FLEXI Q fare (refundable any time per fare conditions), or take the option to extend the validity as far as 31 Dec 2021.

The refund (partial or full) looks as if it could take 6 months - the flights are in Oct 2020, so only 5 months away.... The text on the THAI website reads:

Conditions

1. Not applicable for tickets purchased through travel agent in Europe and Australia New Zealand and Japan.
2. For sectors on your ticket involuntarily cancelled by THAI and THAI Smile when part of the ticket has already been used.
3. Refund amount will be settled by issuing office, issuing agent more than 180 days from submitting your request.
4. To refund your fully-unused ticket,please contact your issuing office.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old May 17, 20, 9:07 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Just considering whether I should refund my FLEXI Q fare (refundable any time per fare conditions), or take the option to extend the validity as far as 31 Dec 2021.

The refund (partial or full) looks as if it could take 6 months - the flights are in Oct 2020, so only 5 months away.... The text on the THAI website reads:
I would refund it unless they are giving you the incentive of no additional fare difference even if the RBD you booked in isnt available (as they were offering for a very short period in March). If you do not think you will be using that reservation in October your money is locked either way so its better to have it in your bank account as you can book the ticket again whenever youre ready to fly. Plus making a fresh booking will probably be easier than getting through to an agent at THAI to rebook using the extended validity.
Pair124124 is offline  
Old May 17, 20, 1:39 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Originally Posted by Pair124124 View Post
I would refund it unless they are giving you the incentive of no additional fare difference even if the RBD you booked in isnt available (as they were offering for a very short period in March). If you do not think you will be using that reservation in October your money is locked either way so its better to have it in your bank account as you can book the ticket again whenever youre ready to fly. Plus making a fresh booking will probably be easier than getting through to an agent at THAI to rebook using the extended validity.
All sensible. Hate losing my Gold Upgrade though LOL
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old May 18, 20, 2:50 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
All sensible. Hate losing my Gold Upgrade though LOL
I fully understand that. I'm sure the GUP I have booked for later this year won't go ahead and I'm hoping the flights and upgrade can be used on the same route for next year.
11277m is offline  
Old May 18, 20, 5:34 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 8,644
Originally Posted by 11277m View Post
I fully understand that. I'm sure the GUP I have booked for later this year won't go ahead and I'm hoping the flights and upgrade can be used on the same route for next year.
Update. I have applied to extend all my bookings to not later than Dec 2021. I have around only USD 1300 at stake ( my GUPed Q economy fare and some award flights) so iif TG fails, then well.....
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old May 23, 20, 2:07 pm
  #58  
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Posts: 11,883
Anyone have experience with award tickets issued before the devaluation in October where the flights have been cancelled now because of COCID-19?
yosithezet is offline  
Old May 25, 20, 11:17 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 110
Yep. For me it was an award ticket to ANA as well.
So yeah, new rate is absurd.
pandalama is offline  
Old May 26, 20, 5:14 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,519
Flight was cancelled and refund requested on 17 March. Still nothing.

I initiated a chargeback a couple weeks ago but obviously it will be pending for a month and a half, until end of June.

Asked for an update from them directly and was told the same six month line as mentioned above.
Dan1113 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread