Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by 11277m
This is the confirmation message I had from reservations when I emailed them a few days ago. They say up to 10 weeks to process.
When I cancelled a ticket last month I was told it would take a maximum of six weeks for a refund. (That was five and a half weeks ago.)

Dear Passenger,

Thank you for contacting the Thai Airways UK & Ireland Reservations Team.

Please accept this as confirmation that we have received your email and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Due the unprecedented worldwide situation outside our control, we are sorry but our current response time is longer than usual and at present we are only contactable by email. We kindly ask you for your patience and understanding.

Please see our announcement with regards to our temporary suspension of international flights until 31st Mayhere, including all the available options if you have been affected by this suspension.

In order to assist you better and faster, please note the following:
  • If you booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact them directly for any changes to your booking. We regret to inform you that we cannot action bookings made through travel agents
  • If your query is with regards to the status of your flight, please access your booking via the ‘My Booking’ section of our website
  • If your query is with regards to the Additional Screening Measures for Passengers Travelling to and Transiting Thailand, further information is available here.
  • If you want to change a flight booked on our website and it is due to depart soon, please do not worry - as long as there is a record of you contacting us by email, your booking will remain actionable by us once we are able look into your request.
  • If your query is about a refund, you do not have to do anything else. As long as there is a record of you contacting us, we will get back to you as soon as we are able to process your request. Please note that due to the number of requests being currently received, refunds are estimated to take up to 10 weeks to process.
Considering the above and if you have contacted us with regards to rebooking, flight cancellations, refunds, and travel vouchers we will get back to you as soon as possible. We apologise in advance but all other queries will not be prioritised. Please also note that we do not provide a call back service.

We understand this is a challenging time and assure you we are doing our upmost to take care of passengers with imminent travel needs.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

Reservations Department

Thai Airways International, UK and Ireland

Lucky you!

I bought my ticket in Australia, and the automated reply says to " Please rest assured that your email will be responded as soon as possible". So far I've been waiting 7 days, hehehe
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by 1786771
Thai Airways has set up and special page where you can process your flights change requests online.
They offer rebooking up to end 2021, travel vouchers or refund for partially used tickets.

https://www.thaiairways.com/th_TH/co...ance_form.page

The refund option is only for tickets bought in Thailand
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:32 pm

Hello,
I cancelled my ticket for a full refund by visiting the THAI office in London, they advised it will take 4 weeks for the refund however by reading their UK website (which says refunds are expected to take up to 6 months), I am sure my refund will not be with me within 4 weeks. Has anyone got any experience with a chargeback for a delay in refund time? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely your credit card issuer will refuse the charge back referring to voucher being offered/available or that you need to wait for the refund the processed. I expect it would take months to get a refund processed now due to the backlog of refunds with the airlines.

So be patient...
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:43 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Most likely your credit card issuer will refuse the charge back referring to voucher being offered/available or that you need to wait for the refund the processed. I expect it would take months to get a refund processed now due to the backlog of refunds with the airlines.

So be patient...
My US CC issuer did an immediate credit for the full ticket cost as it was cancelled. I'm not into waiting for months, even if TG is still around then.
Fraserman likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
My US CC issuer did an immediate credit for the full ticket cost as it was cancelled. I'm not into waiting for months, even if TG is still around then.
This raises an interesting question - how long is a reasonable period of time to wait for a refund before going down the CC chargeback route?

I can cancel as ask for a refund of my Flexi (Q class tix) and lose just a small cancellation fee US$60 as a part of the usual fare conditions, but I’m not interested in waiting 6 months.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This raises an interesting question - how long is a reasonable period of time to wait for a refund before going down the CC chargeback route?
7 days, if your flight left from EU/UK/EEA.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:49 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by warakorn
7 days, if your flight left from EU/UK/EEA.
I'm a little more patient than that, but not much. I've had to go the dispute route with Thai Lion, NOK, and Air Asia, as they all have cancelled and seem to want to wait it out to see if you'd just take their credit, though most of them don't make it easy to even request that, much less actually receive it. I even had NOK tell me in an email reply to my request for a refund due to a cancellation, that the flight time passed, so no refund, even though I requested it before the flight date and time.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: ROP
I've just got the refund confirmation email on 4 April 20 for the ticket cancellation and refund requested on 19 Mar 20 via TG call center. It seems a lot of refund backlog for TG to process.
I will update again when the refund is credited back to my credit card.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joy16
I've just got the refund confirmation email on 4 April 20 for the ticket cancellation and refund requested on 19 Mar 20 via TG call center. It seems a lot of refund backlog for TG to process.
Thanks K. Joy16. Good to have some data.....
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by joy16
I assume that you haven't received your refund yet, right? I got my refund confirmation email 2 days before yours, but have not received any refund yet. I sent an email yesterday asking how long it might take to get it, and received a response the same day, saying that it will take 3 to 6 months. I wish their refunds were as quick as their email responses. I will probably report this to my credit card company to see if they can do a charge back.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I assume that you haven't received your refund yet, right? I got my refund confirmation email 2 days before yours, but have not received any refund yet. I sent an email yesterday asking how long it might take to get it, and received a response the same day, saying that it will take 3 to 6 months. I wish their refunds were as quick as their email responses. I will probably report this to my credit card company to see if they can do a charge back.
Hi,
I refunded my ticket on the 19th March, contacted them by email last week to ask for the status and they advised I should be getting my refund very soon and I should ‘check my account in the coming weeks’, may I ask where you are based as there seems to be a lot of inconsistency with what they are telling people. I am based in London. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@Richard1148 and @Pair124124 . How did you seek your refunds? Via the Contact Centre in Bangkok or through your local office?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
@Richard1148 and @Pair124124 . How did you seek your refunds? Via the Contact Centre in Bangkok or through your local office?
Hi, I visited the London office in person as they weren’t answering the phone. The contact centre in Bangkok don’t seem to help unless the ticket was issued in Bangkok (or maybe I just get unlucky with which agents I get lol).
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Pair124124
may I ask where you are based as there seems to be a lot of inconsistency with what they are telling people.
I am based in the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.