Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

My seat downgraded First to Business (Eqpt change)

Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Normally fly on Thai 676 BKK - NRT in First (A-380). I have been notified that I am now in Business class on my next Thai Airways Flight 676 due to equipment change.

I suppose that they may not allow me in the First class lounge, or get the 1 hour massage, although I fully intend to request that these privileges be granted on checkin for my flight.

Probably will just wait until after completing my trip to see about Thai refunding the difference in airfare.

If any member has experienced a similar downgrade, please report how were you treated?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
When CX used to have F on random flights between HKG-BKK, it was very common to get downgraded due to aircraft change. That happened to me once, and after explaining the situation, they still let me into the F lounge in HKG.

Perhaps you can play dumb and show up at the Thai Airways First Class check-in counter? Let them tell you that due to aircraft change you got downgraded. You can then ask them to still extend F lounge and spa access to you.
chris63 and andyptrav like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daniellam

Perhaps you can play dumb and show up at the Thai Airways First Class check-in counter? Let them tell you that due to aircraft change you got downgraded. You can then ask them to still extend F lounge and spa access to you.
Yes, this worked for me when TG still operated F to HKG, I had F lounge access & Spa, downgrade compensation was zero & difference in refund was minimal because they calculated it based on highest J fare to F.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
i was due to travel to London in F next month and just got an email saying that due to equipment change i had been downgraded to J. Not a big issue as i was going to cancel the flight anyway. I believe Thai have grounded a number (maybe all) of their 380,s, so looks like no First Class on any of their flights for a period.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Flying BKK-SYD 03/20 TG475 ;its only 54 hours away, should I bring this a day forward? My only concern is TG might suspend this service in light of Australian government direction for its citizens to stop all travel abroad, resulting in almost negligble demand on the return flight to BKK.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Flying BKK-SYD 03/20 TG475 ;its only 54 hours away, should I bring this a day forward? My only concern is TG might suspend this service in light of Australian government direction for its citizens to stop all travel abroad, resulting in almost negligble demand on the return flight to BKK.
The Australian border is now closed to all except Australian citizens and PRs.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The Australian border is now closed to all except Australian citizens and PRs.
Thanks, yeah I'm an aussie so have made it back home a few hours ago. The TG Royal Spa was closed due to government restrictions, so did not get a complimentary spa treatment.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.