Coronavirus self-quarantine. Waivers?

Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
My LX flight got cancelled and I got rebooked on HKG-BKK-BRU. Will I have trouble transiting in BKK as I am coming from a "high risk area"?
The restrictions should only apply to entry, but who knows. It's possible TG won't let you board at HKG. The situation in Thailand is a complete mess. I would suggest trying for a rebooking that does not include BKK.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Kacee
The restrictions should only apply to entry, but who knows. It's possible TG won't let you board at HKG. The situation in Thailand is a complete mess. I would suggest trying for a rebooking that does not include BKK.
Then why would they still fly the HKG-BKK route? I'm flying in a few hours so too late to rebook. Hopefully everything goes fine...
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
For Intl-Intl transit you should be fine, both from a TG perspective and from a Thai authorities perspective. That is of course provided you are on one reservation and will not have to enter through immigration into Thailand during transit. As with everything else in life though, there is always a risk.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Nevermind I'm screwed.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like a TG flight from Italy (945?) diverted to UTP, in a photo it looks like an A350, with 83 Thais on board. Six have symptoms, 77 detained at nearby Sattahip for 14 day quarantine. Think the plane then flew on to BKK.

We had some very severe weather today, with several flights redirected to UTP.

Spike in confirmed cases here today +32 to 114.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
We were hoping to fly LHR-BKK later this week, and news on quarantine for UK citizens is sketchy..anyone actually in Thailand able to say exactly what is going on for tourist arrivals from the UK??
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by no longer atc
We were hoping to fly LHR-BKK later this week, and news on quarantine for UK citizens is sketchy..anyone actually in Thailand able to say exactly what is going on for tourist arrivals from the UK??
Follow @RichardBarrow on Twitter. He is currently in the U.K. but has the most timely updates re: changing requirements.

I would never, ever let anyone I love come here now. It feels like things are about to get much, much worse here on the cruise ship S.S. Thailand. And given our captain and crew we're probably in for a choppy cruise, with no entertainment.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by transpac
Follow @RichardBarrow on Twitter. He is currently in the U.K. but has the most timely updates re: changing requirements.

I would never, ever let anyone I love come here now. It feels like things are about to get much, much worse here on the cruise ship S.S. Thailand. And given our captain and crew we're probably in for a choppy cruise, with no entertainment.
Wise advice, from what people I know there are saying, massive under reporting on Covid 19 cases.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.